Seeking performance advice regarding stutters

Nugetti

Hello,

So, for the most part, A18 is running really smoothly. I get solid 60FPS with v-sync off using the console command settargetfps 60. I've had to set textures to half and turn texture filtering down to achieve this.

My pc setup:

CPU: i5 760 @ 3.7 GHz

MB: ASUS Sabertooth 55i

MEM: 16 GB DDR3 (2x8 GB 1333MHz kit)

GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB

Game installed on a modern SSD.

However, there are a couple of events that cause stuttering of variable severity or outright FPS drops to 20-30 range.

I am primary looking for guidance to help with the following issues:

1. Forge causes rhythmical stutter/pause when turned on

- I'm unable to trigger this 100% of the time. It doesn't happen always.

If it happens in a time where I need to aim and shoot reliably, I can circumvent the issue by turning the forge off.

Any proper workarounds?

2. Zombie pathing and actions cause stutters or FPS drops

I primarily want to know if better hardware helps with this - is this a matter of processing power? Sometimes there is a stutter/pause similar to the forge thing when zombies are beating a block - only this time the pause happens in sync with the zombies' hitting action. Wandering hordes trying to get to me when I'm up high in a multi-story POI will cause major stuttering and sink FPS a lot. Needless to say, horde nights also perform pretty bad especially when zombies end up below my base digging.

As an additional note, I am localhosting the game for myself and a friend.

So is new hardware the shortcut to happiness or do these hiccups exist on high-end systems too?

Archived