Farming still have light requirement?

moonshiel

with the farming plots do they still require a "skylight" of sorts? Or can I finally build an underground farm? With the introduction of battery banks and stuff it would it be too much to assume indoor plant lights? Not talking about incandesant bulbs they mostly output heat and about 10 of their energy is light. But Fluorescent can provide energy to small - medium plants and a small halides can easily grow vegetables indoors. Anyway please let me know if the light requirement still exists for the farming plots. . . thank you.

-Moonshiel

I believe they do still require light.

P.S you could always build underground farms, its how I always built them on PVP servers so long as you know how to. :)

I just remember nothing growing unless there was some sort of sky light. This game has had many updates so its possible i missed the one where they removed the light requirement wasn't sure so i was asking. and in terms of build stability they are a pain.

Yes sunlight is still required for plants that aren't mushrooms.

This is not a feature that is ever likely to go away.

lol ok darn no underground hydroponics then lol I'll set up a farm on the roof of building B. Sorry I live in the middle of no where . . . I have a lot of free time to ponder.

Archived