20:50 - 21:10-ish Darkness

Roland

Currently in the game there is about 20 seconds of almost pitch black scary darkness. Then shortly after 21:00 the sky flickers and BOOM soft moonlight covers everything and you can see almost as well as you can during day. One of my pimp dreams is to see if we can extend that really dark time. Make it last from about 20:00 to 22:00 before the moon comes out and then maybe have it come back from about 4:00 to 6:00. It might even be cool to have moonless nights every once in awhile where it truly is pitch all night long and you can only see with the aid of the flashlight, torch, or miner's hat. I never place torches because I can see just fine at night. I always toss the flashlight because...why? I think the game would be scarier and light sources would be more useful if more of the night was as dark as that brief moment of dusk after the sun has dropped down but before the moonlight switches on. In a related matter I have noticed it never gets truly dark underground during the day. I also mine a lot without placing torches because I can see just fine. I remember when it used to get pitch black but something has changed and now it is just dusky underground. Wait...is the brightness on my monitor just turned up too high?

Archived