Server Config/Setup

RegalKain

Apologies if this should be in something other than General Discussion.

I am trying to set it up so that my friends and I are dealing with masses of zombies, instead of fewer strong ones. So instead of 4 or 5 irradiateds, it's 10 ferals and 20-30 regular zombies, and maybe one irradiated zombie. Looking through the gamestages.xml I mostly wanted to do this with wandering hordes, however I'm a bit confused as to what each setting down. For instance.

<gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS1" num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

I understand Gamestage, and the group it's calling to, what is the number in this case/ The number of hordes it spawns? Max alive being a total of 30 zombies from these hordes? And what is the duration?

Furthermore is there a way to better "aim" wandering hordes directly at players?

For a bit of back ground, we played through A18 as a semi-coop group, got to day 170 or so, and even on Difficulty 5 the game was pretty easy. So we wanted to change it up so that we have PvP on at all times, and it's an active FFA. We'd like to put the Difficulty down to 3 (Enemies aren't so bullet spongey) but massively increase the number of enemies. Both in PoIs, and especially in the amount of wandering hordes, and the number of enemies in a wandering horde. I'm a novice when it comes to understanding how the .xmls for this work, I've changed a few other things around for the server, but I'm not sure where to begin to make spawning work as I want it, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best place would be the Game Modification section for those questions.

And an alternative is also to use (or learn from or adapt) an existing mod that increases hordes. Sadly with all the collections it is not easy finding anything specific. But I remembered that Jaxteller was talking about having a mod that increases wandering hordes: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94906-JaxTeller718-Modlet-Collection

I would rather deal with tons more zombies than just stronger ones. I know its a simple way to save on framerate for a taxed engine but you get tired of dealing with glowing Hulk Jr.s and makes it stop feeling like a zombie game. 8 glowies running at me in a POI gets old and thats all there is at end game. But a whole army rushing at you never gets old.

Best place would be the Game Modification section for those questions.

And an alternative is also to use (or learn from or adapt) an existing mod that increases hordes. Sadly with all the collections it is not easy finding anything specific. But I remembered that Jaxteller was talking about having a mod that increases wandering hordes: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94906-JaxTeller718-Modlet-Collection

I see, is it possible for a mod to move the topic? In that case?

Also I will look around existing mods, and see what I can find out, I basically want everything to be done server side, so that clients don't have to fret over anything. Thank you for the information.

I would rather deal with tons more zombies than just stronger ones. I know its a simple way to save on framerate for a taxed engine but you get tired of dealing with glowing Hulk Jr.s and makes it stop feeling like a zombie game. 8 glowies running at me in a POI gets old and thats all there is at end game. But a whole army rushing at you never gets old.

This was actually our thinking as well, sure the first time you run into a PoI and it has a few irradiated enemies it can be a nice surprise, by the 20th time it's just a bit old and bullet spongey. I'd rather have 30 enemies charging me and risk getting surrounded by mauled down. :)

Archived