Dynamite bypassing land claim intentional?

konrax

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that dynamite bypasses land claim. I primarily play on pvp servers so this is a big deal as my horde night base I put a land claim at was a smoldering crater a couple hours later.

Was this intentional or should I report it as a bug?

I don't know if it's a bug or not, and I'm sure a swarm of people will disagree with me, but I think this is how it should be for PVP servers.

Smashing those claims some way in order to properly raid your enemies is a must in my opinion. It should be hard to do though... and players should put effort in making it even harder.

Unfortunately, if this is always the case, it is bad for PVE servers.

If it isn't always the case, then perhaps the server owner modded it that way... and if so, that's a good PVP server admin.

I don't know if it's a bug or not, and I'm sure a swarm of people will disagree with me, but I think this is how it should be for PVP servers.

Smashing those claims some way in order to properly raid your enemies is a must in my opinion. It should be hard to do though... and players should put effort in making it even harder.

Unfortunately, if this is always the case, it is bad for PVE servers.

If it isn't always the case, then perhaps the server owner modded it that way... and if so, that's a good PVP server admin.

As a PvP player myself I harshly disagree. I never understood the joy of destroying hundreds of hours of another player just for fun. I mean... is that even fun? Hammering at stuff for hours on end, always hearing this landclaim sound?

And offline raiding should be impossible.

Buuuut... we all know they don't balance for pvp, so there is your answer:

They probably havent tested it.

As a PvP player myself I harshly disagree. I never understood the joy of destroying hundreds of hours of another player just for fun. I mean... is that even fun? Hammering at stuff for hours on end, always hearing this landclaim sound?

And offline raiding should be impossible.

Buuuut... we all know they don't balance for pvp, so there is your answer:

They probably havent tested it.

Well, I speak from playing a decade of Minecraft Factions on several servers with dozens of players. I can't be the only one seeing the fun in destroying an opposing team. The level of thought trying to keep people out and defend a base blows away anything we do in 7D2D. The servers carry on until there is a last clan standing or there is a majority wanting to restart. Anybody thinking their stuff should always be safe gets sent to the Survival server where it's impossible to take over someone else's stuff unless they outright forgot to claim it... and that server is never as heavily populated.

Archived