Zombie Proposed Second Wind Mechanic

Dadpool12a

With experience popping up every time I kill a zombie, it takes away that uncertainty that the zombie is actually dead. In past Alpha's I would always do the one hit in the head just to make sure. I know longer need to do that because when I see the experience I know he is dead.

A suggestion I would like to see is to give some zombies "or a small chance for every zombie" to receive a second wind after you kill it. You receive the experience, the zombie rag dolls on death and then slowly gets back up after about a 10 second delay. I think this would be a fun mechanic that adds the uncertainty of the zombies death back to the game.

With experience popping up every time I kill a zombie, it takes away that uncertainty that the zombie is actually dead. In past Alpha's I would always do the one hit in the head just to make sure. I know longer need to do that because when I see the experience I know he is dead.

A suggestion I would like to see is to give some zombies "or a small chance for every zombie" to receive a second wind after you kill it. You receive the experience, the zombie rag dolls on death and then slowly gets back up after about a 10 second delay. I think this would be a fun mechanic that adds the uncertainty of the zombies death back to the game.

this is the reason why most mods remove the xp pop up for zombies and randomize their getup timer.

A really awesome idea, but I doubt they would do this.

- - - Updated - - -

With the traps/Grenade/turrets all over the ground i think the "second winds" will only make the zombie flee away better then coming back for a "second death".

simply no 2nd xp. Killing it a second time wont grant xp. Problem solved :D

With the traps/Grenade/turrets all over the ground i think the "second winds" will only make the zombie flee away better then coming back for a "second death".

I was envisioning this mechanic more for POI's and not horde nights. But both would work.

It would have players always looking behind them to make sure a zombie did not get back up.

Archived