Dart Traps & Electric Fences FTW!

blugold1

I see a lot of people thinking that dart traps have no value, but I disagree. I think they can be one of the strongest base defenses for blood moons. I have two rows electric fences running horizontally with the dart traps running vertically. The combination of the two is extremely effective. Paired with the blade traps, and this kill tunnel is no joke!

You'll also notice that I've built my base vertically, with a "green house" above my base. Even higher is a sniper platform, with a living area above that. Under the ground, I have a crafting area along with chests. The underground is not visible in the video.

Day 63 Blood Moon - No voice

Base Defense Walk-Through:

Day 70 Blood Moon - With Voice

It depends. Each kill box is divided into 3 sections. 2 for the dart traps, and 1 for the blade traps. Each section is powered by a trip wire for 1 minute. So the power cost for each kill box is very small. Only the relays and trip wire draw power when no zombies come through.

I use two generators per kill box, each with 6 engines. I might use a few hundred gallons of fuel during one blood moon. I have well over 100k gallons from farming vehicles, so it’s easy to maintain.

Darts are also cheaper than bullets since iron and clay are abundant. I’m not having much luck with massive bronze sources, so I try to limit ammo usage, and this does the trick.

Sure! I did a few more videos that are currently uploading. One video is a walk-through on how the base is setup. I did that video just before the day 70 blood moon. I also recorded the day 70 blood moon, this time with voice. Both links will be up later today.

Base Defense Walk-Through:

Day 70 Blood Moon:

During the blood moon, my generators consumed 240 gallons of fuel. Over half was from the turrets, which aren’t necessary for the defenses. The dart traps shot just over 6500 darts.

Archived