a18 patch notes loved them but u know.

Chronosphere

hey i love all the changes and stuff, only thing i wanna know if this works well and fluid and that, what will happend to the behemoth that u guys couldnt put in in17? released same as with bandits or nah?

also in joels recent video he throws nades, explodes on floor impact isnt that to much? not sure its working as intended or not but shouldnt it bounce one time before exploding? sry my writing is terrible just woke up hahaa very exited for the streamers to start :D.

Behemoth is already a scrapped idea (as far as i know). Definitely not coming in A18 and most likely never coming back.

There are two types of grenades - impact (exploding on first contact) and regular (exploding after a set amount of time). Surely they work as intended.

ah ok ty, well sad i wanted a loooming fear somewhere outthere to get excited about.. think if u guys can unscrap it, forsure will make streams funnier and scarier overall athmosphere.. but i quess if it cant be done it cant so i tried atleast :p

It really isn't that it can't be done just they decided after playing around with it that it didn't fit in the game like they imagined at the start. So they decided to scrap it.

It's mostly a problem of scale really. If you have all enemies in the same scale (even crawlers take approximately 1 block wide) it's no big deal, but having enemies bigger and wider brings in the problems of:

- Does it hit 1 block or more (horizontally and vertically speaking)?

- Range from which it can attack and what if it is closer than that?

- On what height can it attack?

- How many blocks does it need to full stand up and/or have safe footing (2x2 footing could be argued that needs at least 1 block, but 3x3 needs a block in the center or what)?

- Changes to AI pathing for bigger entities, as well as walking over holes or protrusions

And most likely some other problems. Considering most AI is calculated for 1x1x1 or 1x1x2 (laying or standing) block size models, there aren't many problems with that as 1 block is the minimum measurement in the game.

Archived