FennecModlets for A17

mdf25

FennecMod.png?width=800&height=212

FennecMod, but now in Modlet form!

Greetings everybody! So, it's been a long time coming but I have finally started to work on FennecMod again for A17 and beyond! In A16 when we didn't have access to modlets, you may remember FennecMod as an overhaul rather than an expansion mod, however this time I will be working with things a little differently and using Modlets!

Why Modlets?

With A17, the modlet framework allows us to download and combine mods together which was not possible before. This is huge for players as now we can mix and match mods from different developers, and make our own packs which is a huge plus this alpha. I want you guys to be able to download just those bits of my mod that you like whilst avoiding the parts that weren't so interesting to you in A16, but of course you will be able to download everything too and get the full FennecMod experience again if you so choose. Versatility is good!

Current Modlets Available

FennecModlet - Foods - Additional Foods (v1.0.1)

This modlet adds a ton of new food items into the game that you will be able to find, farm, and craft yourself to make great meals. You will be able to unlock more foods as you put points into your Master Chef perk and better foods give you buffs! Some food will help you restore health faster, some foods may even give you the catlike reflexes of a ninja or boost your damage output with weapons. Making the best foods is definitely worth it!

As well as 5 new crops to find and farm (apple and pear trees, wheat, soybean and tomato crops) you will also be able to set up your own beehives to farm honey, and even your own aquariums to raise fish that you can use in other meals. I would recommend keeping hold of any bees you find in stumps and get your bartering skills up a few notches...

[video=youtube;8-vB_DylWzk]

FennecModlet - Foods - More Meats (v1.0.0)

This modlet adds all seven types of animal meats to the game - bear, boar, chicken, rabbit, snake, wolf and venison. You can acquire these meats by hunting the respective animal and then use them in cooking recipes.

Vanilla recipes that require 'raw meat' have now been overhauled to use the new meats added by this modlet and in some cases there are multiple ways to make the same thing (meat stew being a good example of this, requiring either bear meat OR two types of different animal meat).

You can still find the vanilla 'raw meat' in the normal places. My reasoning for leaving this in is this: who knows what that meat was and how long it's been left there... You can char, boil or grill normal meat but that's about all it's useful for now.

If you have FennecModlet - Foods - Additional Foods installed, this modlet will take those additional recipes and also overhaul them. You will have lots of use for each different type of meat with both modlets working together, and it will provide more of a challenge to getting just that food you want.

MORE MODLETS COMING SOON - LIST WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY DO! :D

Download (A17)

Here is how to download and install any of the modlets from this collection

1. Go to the FennecModlets GitHub repository HERE

2. Clone or download the entire repository as a zip.

3. Open up your local folder containing your copy of 7 Days to Die. You can find it by going to your Steam folder, then to steamapps/common/7 Days to Die

4. If you have no Mods folder, create one. If you have one, skip this step.

5. Open your mods folder and copy the modlets you downloaded into this folder.

6. In each modlet, find a copy of Localization.txt and Localization - Quest.txt. Copy the contents of these files to the end of your 7 Days localization files (you find those in Data/Config

7. Launch 7 Days and the mods will now be installed.

DMT & SDX Installation

1. Go to the FennecModlets GitHub repository HERE

2. Clone or download the entire repository as a zip.

3. Locate the SDX or DMT mods folder and copy all modlets into this folder.

4. Launch SDX or DMT. Check each modlet you wish to add and click Build.

5. Click Play to launch 7 Days. The mods will now be installed.

A18 is not yet supported. These mods will NOT work with A18. I am in the process of updating the current ones now.

Contact Me

For any questions about the modlets or to report bugs, feel free to get in touch with me here on the forum thread. Alternatively you can find me in the following places:

YouTube: MaxFox Gaming on YouTube

Twitch: MaxFox Gaming on Twitch

Twitter: MaxFox_Gaming on Twitter

Discord: The Foxmillions' Community

Really enjoying this... but I do have some quibbles.

Coffee does not in fact dehydrate you, that's an old wives tale.

Vegetable Oil is absolutely punishing; Bacon and Eggs is more or less impossible when it's most useful (early-mid game) except for the odd one when you get lucky at a trader or something. Also the fact that Potatoes are an ingredient is just weird. I tweaked it for myself to just 4 Corn, Jar and Cooking Pot. Still a stumbling block but not a brick wall.

Loving everything else. Just got an aquarium, 2 bags of fish and a net from a Trader, so that should be neat. Great Icons and Art, as well.

Kudos.

Really enjoying this... but I do have some quibbles.

Coffee does not in fact dehydrate you, that's an old wives tale.

Vegetable Oil is absolutely punishing; Bacon and Eggs is more or less impossible when it's most useful (early-mid game) except for the odd one when you get lucky at a trader or something. Also the fact that Potatoes are an ingredient is just weird. I tweaked it for myself to just 4 Corn, Jar and Cooking Pot. Still a stumbling block but not a brick wall.

Loving everything else. Just got an aquarium, 2 bags of fish and a net from a Trader, so that should be neat. Great Icons and Art, as well.

Kudos.

Yep agree. Make it more available in cabinet or trash loot. Vegetable oil would be abundant in the apocalypse. You could also add another recipe for corn + animal fat = veg oil. Love the modlet ;)

UPDATE: FennecModlet - Foods - Additional Foods (1.0.1)

Greetings! I have released a small update to FennecModlet Additional Foods which adds some stuff and fixes a couple issues.

ADDITIONS

+ NEW: Added gelatin and a recipe to make it. Currently only used in one new recipe but will have further uses later.

+ NEW: Added gummy bears in 3 colours. Each give their own unique power.

+ New: Added honey chicken kabobs - we all need kabobs!

CHANGES

+ Recipe for vegetable oil is now slightly easier, but now requires a campfire with cooking pot.

+ Recipe added for vegetable oil using the chemistrtystation which is more efficient.

+ Vegetable oil can now be found in cabinets and shopping carts/baskets.

+ Coffee hydrates you again but less than vanilla.

+ Coffee now gives 35% stamina regeneration instead of 25% whilst its buff is active.

NEW: FennecModlet - Foods - More Meats (1.0.0)

A new modlet is now available! More Meats allows you to harvest different meats from different animals, so now you will have to think carefully about what foods you can make and what you should try hunting. Also adds some extra canned recipes as well. You can still find raw meat or trade for it, but this can only be charred or grilled (because who knows what that meat is...)

This modlet is also compatible with Additional Foods and will overhaul recipes too! So if you want more of a challenge in your hunting endeavors, try these two modlets together.

Archived