Immediate Crash on Launch - UnityPlayer.dll Access Violation

Duke Pending

I am posting this here because I do not think it is a bug in the game. I think it might just be a problem on my system. I'd hate to think that I have to reinstall Windows just to get 7 Days to Die running but I'm running out of other options. I'm hopeful that someone here might have some greater insight.

I get an access error from UnityPlayer.dll that crashes the game immediately when it goes to launch. From what I've read elsewhere, it seems that it may not be a problem with the .dll file at all. It seems that it is more likely a problem with a graphics driver or DirectX.

I've installed and reinstalled the game multiple times now. I've updated my graphics driver. I've also reinstalled what I can for Direct X. Windows 10 won't allow you to install DirectX 11.2 or 12 directly. Those are only handled through Windows Update, so I ran a file check on the system and it came back clean. I've updated and reinstalled all of the various Microsoft Runtime Environments as well, just to be sure. Still getting the crash.

My last option is to do a system restore, but those can be a pain. Still, a worse pain would be reinstalling Windows because it doesn't want to play nicely with one game. Those are the only two items that are coming to mind as options I have left, though. Has anyone ever encountered something remotely similar? Is there something else I might try first?

Make sure the client is fully excluded from all AV solutions.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had completely neglected to try that. It is still crashing, unfortunately, but at least I can scratch off one more item.

I expect that likely was the last item before I try a system restore, unless anyone can think of any other potential cause.

Yeah, it's been a while since I ran into this though. It's literally one of those 1% issues. (Honest, this would literally be maybe the third report on it in over 4 years.)

I forget where the last thread was on it. Something about the Citrix back-end manager preventing it from running correctly. Make sure all the Citrix background processes are shut down and try again.

Archived