Advice on using <SET></SET> mods

Beard_One

Hi - I'm looking to change an entire set of coding, not just an individual value.

Using this code...

<biome name="desert">

<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsDesert" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsDesert" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

Could i ask 2 questions please:

1) How do I change "ZombiesAll" in the second line to "ZombieAll2". I get how to change an individual value of one line, but not when there is no unique property in which you use to identify that line... How do i change this?

2) How do I - for example - change the ENTIRETY of what lies in between the whole of the <biome name="desert"></desert> tags? ie if i wanted the new biome code to read:

<biome name="desert">

<I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts>

</biome>

How would I do those 2 things please? Thank you very muchly.

Hi - thanks for the reply. So 2 questions...

1) If <set> changes properties, is there no way to use a <set> to change the entire properties with a <biome> node, or do you have to do a remove and insertafter?

2) I'm not familiar with <remove> or <insertafter>... Would there be any chance whatsoever of you explaining exactly how to use the remove and insertafter?

Archived