AdminStarter Kits

SlicksGirl

I know its possible to make starter kits and change starter loot. However, is it possible to personalize these starter kits based on player steam IDs, say give each server admin a personalized starter kit on login automatically? How would i go about this, besides obviously having their steam ID 64 (which is already given admin access).

we are setting up botman this week (in our server revamping process thats taking a month, lol)

do i need to simply create those items in a mod an then call them from the manager? do i need to bag those items into a loot container and then use the manager to server the container?

and thank you so much for your help

A server manager is the only thing that's going to recognize a steam ID. What you do with it after that it depends on what the server manager is capable of. For starter kits you're going to want to use quests and buffs.

Apply an is admin buff to admins via the manager, then inject a quest requirement in one of the starter quest that gives the kit.

Yeh rat for sure has an event manager, so I assume the others do as well. They'll be the hard part, the rest is just injecting a quest requirement of the buff and if it has it, gives the reward of an item, which could be a loot box with the specific tools you want in it.

...that way you can have multiple kits for multiple permission levels.

Archived