Is it worth playing 17.2 with RWG?

NurseMRSA

I've had so many issues with RWG games. First, I just wasn't paying attention and started playing on a map that had NO water or snow biome. Without the old leaky water towers...and i didn't come across any swimming pools, although I did see some backyards that looked like there were meant to hold a swimming pool...anyway i died of thirst over and over again.

This last game I've been playing went pretty smooth until my PC crashed and when I came to load my saved game I found that it now said it was version A0.0 and that the world header file had failed to load.

I went to the bug reports page and figured out that if I want to properly report this bug it would require about 45 minutes of my time. I have NEVER seen a bug reports page that required so much information and in such a specific way. Also there are all kinds of abbreviations and jargon and links to instructional videos that show you how to send text blocks but then they never tell you how to apply it...WTF

Anywhoo.

I ONLY like playing RWG, exploring the map is half the fun of this game. Should I keep plugging away at 17.2 or is it hopeless at the moment? I could go back to alpha 16 but I really want to build that motorcycle. Not to mention that I'm really having fun exploring the new POIs.

Should I keep plugging away at 17.2 or is it hopeless at the moment?

RWG in 17 is complete and thoroughly #$#% up, and that's sugar coating it. Id happily take the first version of RWG that had biomes surrounded by rivers over this $^&*.

RWG in 17 is complete and thoroughly #$#% up, and that's sugar coating it. Id happily take the first version of RWG that had biomes surrounded by rivers over this $^&*.

we'll tell us how you really feel lmao

i have to agree RWG is broken like FTP have said. and the reg map gets old after day 14.. Zombie killing isnt fun anymore its a chore, Head shot,, lay down, get up head shot... rinse and repeat. wait till your level 20 or more to start making tools, radiated regen is a pain in the arse also... This isnt nothing compared to the game of A16. is a huge disappointment as you can see by the online player numbers.. think thats why they are pushing for gold because this is it..

In short RWG is not bad if you are into short games, I typically play 20ish game days and then restart, I have had few problems. I just got done exploring the Shamway factory for the first time ever and did the shotgun factory a couple of days ago. Good fun indeed.

I never play NG.

Archived