Expanded Leveling (20 Attributes/10 Skills) - v1.0

ErraticEngineer

Hello Everyone,

After a previous thread where I asked about a leveling mod, I'm releasing this for public use. Caveat emptor, it's not the best managed around. But I hope others can use it and someone else can take management of it. It's a modlet and it hopefully does what people like with the skills and attributes.

It manages some of the buffs, the skills, and the attributes to double their limits, sets their costs to 1, and makes it so you level more quickly. You may want to tweak that before playing.

Enjoy.

-- Lana

zExpanded Leveling.zip

When you say double their limits, do you mean I could, say, get Motherlode up to 10 instead of 5 and get twice as much materials from the things I break?

Or the parkour perk will let me jump 4 blocks high at level 10 instead of the current max of 3 blocks high at level 5?

It basically gives you new levels and perks for those levels? Or does it spread what we currently have out?

Started testing this on a new build with a bunch of mods, it is working well so far and have not noticed any issues. I enjoy this.

Although I do think I will tweak it so that its a little more consistent in its carry over from 5-6 and onwards so that it stays on par with the vanilla experience. Currently its a quite a leap in benefits from 5-6. Otherwise great job!

I agree with DrConfused. There's a huge jump in power from when you leave the vanilla tiers and go into the modded ones, and then it starts to get consistent again.

I've got a few criticisms, such as Parkour's max level causing you to get moon jump levels of ups, or how easy it is to oneshot anyone in the gut with any weapon when you've got perception and the respective gun mod maxed out on normal difficulty.

I think, for the sake of balance, I'd rather see the later perks focus on one aspect of its vanilla equivalent and crank that up. Like for Gunslinger its sister perks, I'd rather see JUST the reload speed increase. For Parkour, JUST the stamina reduction for jumping. Things of that nature.

If you could also describe the new perk upgrades in the same manner as the vanilla ones, that would be much less confusing to me. I have no idea what the higher ranks of Barter do, for example. The rest just require some head math to sort of convert things. For those who haven't tried the mod, the vanilla tiers count up like: 30, 60 90. This mod then starts counting like: 110%, 140%, etc..

That being said, I'll use this and enjoy it a lot. Thanks for giving me something to pour my perks into. I'll just have to be careful to only level the perks I feel are currently balanced.

I am trying to make heads or tails of the xml so that I can start making adjustments to suite my style.

at level 7 parkour I noticed all my jump increase was gone and I can't even jump up 2 blocks, so have to track that down.

I was figuring that how I will change the file for myself is to drastically cut back on the normal increases. So that if something is increasing 20% per level maybe I will adjust to do another 5%

I am thinking that with some of the skills this is the case. Not sure if its how the code is written. I know that it happens with parkour for sure between 6-9 jump capacity is reset to base and at 10 you have a truly remarkable jump (I personally love the jump but it would be nice to see it progress slightly each level. Going to have to start getting my head into the xml and figure this out. I love the concept!

I think I'm noticing that the treasure location perk gets reset once you go beyond Lvl 5 of the Lucky Looter perk. Because I've been having a harder time finding the chests with the perk maxed to 10.

Been looking through the code more and noticed that in line 210 and 211 there is a 'b' where an 'o' should be and is likely why treasure radius is not working.

This is the existing code

<passive_effect name="TreasureRadius" bperation="base_subtract" value="7" level="6"/>
<passive_effect name="TreasureRadius" bperation="base_subtract" value="8" level="7,20"/>

and need to be changed to this code

<passive_effect name="TreasureRadius" operation="base_subtract" value="7" level="6"/>
<passive_effect name="TreasureRadius" operation="base_subtract" value="8" level="7,20"/>

uploaded a version correcting the spelling error.

https://github.com/Drconfused/7d2d--zExpandedLeveling--Lana-ethereal

Archived