New Zone for RWG?

Jackelmyer

I would love to have a big shopping mall in the game, but there are a few restrictions for this:

1. Stability of the walls and everything in them. Surely each "store" could be designed in some manner, but i doubt there would be a lot of randomness in placing them. The whole mall would be a big POI, but would have to be carefully crafted so that it doesn't collapse.

2. Changing it into a dungeon POI. Not that it wouldn't be fun (especially as it could be some kind of last stand for previous survivors, like other POIs), but i already feel there is quite a lot of these around.

3. It would need a big area to be settled in, additionally with a parking lot. I like how the hospital POI (with the big parking lot) is such a grandoise place, but a shopping mall wouldn't go 6 stories up - rather it would cover a big area with perhaps 2-3 levels.

4. Spawning wandering hordes inside would be tough, as this POI would have quite a big area for exploration and wandering.

On the other hand, it would be quite interesting to get inside such a big shopping mall and try surviving in it for as long as you can (Project Zomboid has such a mode).

Archived