Does true Random Gen exist any longer?

jaela

We have tried on our dedicated server to get a Random gen map like we used to have, all we seem to get is tiny maps that are surrounded by radiation and a very limited playing space. Is there still the large random gen maps or will there be soon as i know youve just gotten this stable so maybe its a work in progress.

Getting tired of replaying the same old stuff when it takes such a long time to level up on some perks now. This is my favourite game so i dont want to get so i no longer want to play ...

Hopeful for Random Gen

jae

You can create maps with a size of 4, 8 and 16 km. Since the maps are pre-rendered, it takes longer with larger maps. At 16km it can take several hours until the map is rendered. Therefore the default is 4 km which is of course very small. With 8km you should have enough space to discover a lot and the time needed for rendering should still be bearable.

For the Alpha 17.2 the situation is expected to improve with the randomly generated maps.

The simple answer is no, they don't exist as they did. While you can get a 16km map if you wait hours to generate, even that still feels like a fishbowl. (And you'll likely have problems with clients taking forever to connect and memory issues.)

If you were used to getting on a mini-bike and exploring a few towns in one direction, you flat out can't do that as you'll hit the radiation wall and have to backtrack. While the situation is likely to improve, I am not sure they're planning on bringing back the near unlimited size maps of a16.

There are some benefits though, the stuttering is gone and you shouldn't fall through the map anymore when exploring far from the spawn point. The tradeoff for me and my group though wasn't worth it. If you're wanting the old experience, you can still load up alpha 16.4 in the beta tab of the game's properties in steam. It's what me and others are doing until it gets sorted.

Archived