World size isn't 12280 as entered in serverconfig

Cadamier

Hello - well the issue is a bit more complicated than that but here it goes.

I run the dedi we play on; Nitrado. Uploaded A17.0 B240 and we started playing. Figuring that since its been noted that 'future saves' should be compatible minus any major bugs lol

Just the other day I got A17.1 B8 installed... Let me backtrack a bit... Nitrado has split the versions to 'Stable' and "experimental" - but you can run either one by "switch game." Experimental just runs out of a different directory. So I looked on the server and noticed that there are 2 save directories:

7Days2Die\Saves\

And

7Days2Die\Data\Worlds\

So I copied both over to the other folder, ensuring the config was correct (pointing to the 7Days2Die\Saves location [still unsure if that's correct]). I then changed the map size to 12280 from the 4k we were playing on.... (Mistake? lol) After running the server and logging in I found the radiation boarder is still at 2788 or so... The log file shows: "GamePref.WorldGenSize = 12288" and the only warning I get associated with it is: "WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 17 (b240)'" but I also see: "INF Biomes image size w= 4096, h = 4096" <- I have a feeling that's whats causing the radiation barrier because when I first started the server it took a pretty long time (towards 10min) to finally appear.

I'm really hoping you can help. OH! I saw Guppy's: "

" but he only says a little bit at
I'm tempted to either change the rad map to all black, or kill it... Not sure if I should do either... Was hoping there'd be a "better way" to go about 'correcting this map since 'they' don't want to start yet another map.

Thank you for your time and effort! Cadamier

Archived