XML edit to make zombies act as boars? (AI)

MaxTunnerX

The bear looks like this:

<property name="AITask-1" value="Swim"/>
<property name="AITask-2" value="BreakBlock"/>
<property name="AITask-3" value="DestroyArea"/>
<property name="AITask-4" value="Territorial"/>
<property name="AITask-5" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityAnimalStag,40,EntityPlayer,25,EntityZombie,30"/>
<property name="AITask-6" value="ApproachSpot"/>
<property name="AITask-7" value="Look"/>
<property name="AITask-8" value="Wander"/>
<property name="AITask-9" value=""/>
<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt"/>
<property name="AITarget-2" value="BlockingTargetTask"/>
<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityPlayer,8,EntityAnimalStag,0,EntityZombie,0"/>
<property name="AITarget-4" value=""/>

The boar doesn't have these ai tasks.

You can TRY to delete those ai tasks, but it might break other ♥♥♥♥. Good luck :)

What's xpath?

The way to make mods in A17 (sorry, I overlooked the part where you were requesting a mod. I assumed you were asking for help making the mod yourself)

Anyway, if you want to have a go at making the mod there are some great tutorials about how to make mods and sphereii has done an excellent job detailing the xpath stuff in this forum post -> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93816-XPath-Modding-Explanation-Thread&p=868113&viewfull=1#post868113

I would try first using the

<remove ...

tag to remove all of the AI-Task properties from zombieTemplateMale and then using the

<append ...

<property name="AITask-1 ...

</append

tags to add the AI task tags from animalTemplateHostile (except for swim, because zombies shouldn't do that)

If you do it as a mod, rather than editing the xml directly then your changes don't get deleted when TFP release an update etc

Archived