ProjectBrian

OldManBrian

THIS MOD REQUIRES A NEW SAVE!

I've had people PM about the mods I've made for myself so I thought I'd go ahead and post them here if anyone wants them.

Basically the goal of all these changes is to make building more forgiving, allow you to play shorter days, and in general make things more *fun* and less grindy in my opinion.

I'm basically dumping my mod folder here and will just be updating this post with any new changes I make.

NOTE: This is designed to be played with Block Durability set to 200% in your game settings

DISCLAIMER: Once again, I'm making this for myself and just releasing it here for anyone who wants it. If you don't like something feel free to post about it but I probably won't make any changes unless it's something I feel the same way about it for my own game. Use at your own risk, existing saves will break if you aren't already using this mod so be sure to start a new game with this.

If you see any of my stuff here you want to use in your own mods\modlets, you're welcome to take it and make it your own. I'm just gonna be updating it as a whole with my own changes, but I don't plan on doing multiple modlets for anything.

----->Download Here <-----

PERK CHANGES:

• Xp per level slightly reduced
  • Skill Points per level increased to 2
  • Attributes Cost Multiplier at later levels reduced

• Block Damage boost from Strength/Miner69er/Salvage Operations Perks increased by 4x
  • Harvest Amount from Mother Lode/Salvage Operations Perks increased by 4x

• Archery Perk Damage and Reload Speed increased by 2x

• Yeah Science! Perk changed so that Steel Firearm Ammo is unlocked first and Brass is the higher level ammo. Steel Firearm Ammo is considered "Scrap" ammo. Degrades at 3x

QUEST CHANGES:

• Trader quest rewards increased [JaxTeller718]
  • Intro Quest Chain Shortened to just axe and bow [Red Eagle LXIX], reward increased to 10 points [Me]
  • Trader Advertisements added that point the way to nearby traders [Red Eagle LXIX]

BUFF CHANGES:

• Near Death Trauma reduced to 10 min

BLOCK CHANGES:

• Haybale Fall Damage reduced to 0

ZOMBIE CHANGES:

• Melee Range Reduced
  • All Zombie Damage Reduced by 50%
  • Stone and Metal Block Damage Reduced by an additional 20%
  • Zombie Projectile Earth damage reduced by 99%

• Knockdown Prone \ Kneel duration is random now [Guppycur]

ITEM CHANGES:

• All max stack sizes increased to 30,000
  • Yucca Fruit has 0% Food Poisoning Chance

• Hammer Increased to be better than the Stone Axe (It was actually WORSE)
  • Iron & Steel Axes and Machete all have normal animal harvest amounts
  • All Shivs and Knives have 50% Staminal Loss

• Wooden and Compound bow now keep their aim down the sights after reloading
  • Crossbow now does not keep the aim after reloading
  • Crossbow now does 2x damage and is generally a one shot kill for weak zombies

• Blunderbuss has 10x the spread and 2x the damage
  • Blunderbuss has 10x increased wood damage
  • Shotgun has 2x increased wood damage

• Blunderbuss & Hunting Rifle can be repaired with Scrap Iron.
  • 44 Magnum can be repaired with Forged Iron.

• All Ammo is $1 per round now base price.
  • Steel Ammo now degrades at 3x (It is basically Scrap ammo now, easy to make but dirty and causes frequent jams)

RECIPE CHANGES:

• Splints don't need duct tape, just cloth and wood
  • Yucca juice doesn't need water but needs more Fruit now

• Candles, Torches, & Repair Kits all produce batches of 5 instead of 1
  • Glue now creates batches of 2 instead of 1
  • Paint now creates batches of 1,000

• All ammo now creates batches of 10
  • 9mm ammo now creates batches of 30

• Steel bullet casings and arrow heads only need an Anvil now instead of the Tool & Die Set

• Steel rounds only need scrap iron, steel bullet casings, and gunpowder. No lead.

• All ammo creation requires fewer resources

ADDITIONAL MODS INCLUDED:

• Random Getter Upper - [Guppycur]
  • 60 Slot Backpack Mod - [KhaineGB]
  • Shorter Basic Quest Chain - [Red Eagle LXIX]
  • Trader Advertisements - [Red Eagle LXIX]
  • UI Player Stats - [Red Eagle LXIX]
  • More Block Durability Options - [Red Eagle LXIX]
  • More Daylight Length Options - [Red Eagle LXIX]

PROPS TO:

Guppycur for his Random Getter Upper and hosting an awesome Discord server

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?98097-Guppycur-s-Modlets

JaxTeller718 for Zombie Reach & Trader Quest XP

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94906-JaxTeller718-Modlet-Collection

Red Eagle LXIX for Shorter Basic Quest Chain, Trader Advertisements, UI Player Stats, More Block Durability Options, & More Daylight Length Options

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94219-Red-Eagle-LXIX-s-A17-Modlet-Collection-(UI-Blocks-Quests)

KhaineGB for his 60 Slot Backpack Mod

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94262-A17-Bigger-Backpack-Mod

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:

• Block Durability should be set to at least 200%.

• Bows are now viable as a primary weapon, with enough perks you can shoot like Legolas.

• Crossbows are now very powerful to compensate their slow reload and loud noise.

• All knives and shivs use very little stamina. (I'm trying to give each weapon a reason to use them as a primary.)

• Gun progression is meant to be Blunderbuss -> Hunting Rifle -> 44 Magnum -> Other Firearms
  • Of course you can use these and other weapons at any time, but these can be repaired with scrap/forged iron which allows earlier use as primary weapons.

• Steel ammo is now considered "scrap" ammo and can be crafted first before brass. It only needs scrap iron and gunpowder so it is a viable low level ammo, but will tear up your weapons. (Consider it as weapon jamming.) It's still useful later due to scarcity of brass and lead.

• Building leisurely without much grinding is totally viable now, but you might need a few perks to get there.

• Zombies are less powerful, so I usually play with them Jogging during the day to up the danger.

• I know ammo supplies are buffed to hell with these changes, but we generally spray gunfire like crazy and eat through ammo fast even with these changes. Depends on playstyle I guess.

Sounds great really, many changes that shoulda been default.

Thanks!

I was really struggling enjoying a17 without these changes, everything just felt like a giant grind. My group used to like starting new maps and never made it past day 80ish, but after playing a17 we were not only feeling like it as a huge slog, but we dreaded the prospect of starting over and losing the slow progress we'd already gained. All that replayability the game had over the years had completely disappeared for us.

Now I actually look forward to starting a new game and trying different builds. Those first 10 skill points really allow you to have different starting characters, and having and additional point every level allows you to either quickly focus your build or allows you to be a jack of all trades without grinding for levels on end.

Great compilation Thank you.

Personally, I'd prefer to have the parts that are from other authors ommited to make it easier to customize this for my own use, but I suppose I'll just have to figure it out. Especially considering I use most of the mods you have from other authors, so I question whether I should remove those, remove your version of their edits, or just use both because they change the same thing and shouldn't "conflict?"

Great compilation Thank you.

Personally, I'd prefer to have the parts that are from other authors ommited to make it easier to customize this for my own use, but I suppose I'll just have to figure it out. Especially considering I use most of the mods you have from other authors, so I question whether I should remove those, remove your version of their edits, or just use both because they change the same thing and shouldn't "conflict?"

I would say remove the ones that have their folders in the root of my mod and then use theirs directly, in fact I'll probably just take those out and reference the mods in the top post as a recommendation. I just dumped my whole mod folder in here for simplicity.

As far as the other three, (random getter upper, Shorter Basic Quest Chain, & Trader Advertisements) I modified some things in those so I'd just use my version. It's really not much code here so you could trim them out pretty easily or even make your own changes, as I left them in blocks with commented code and then use the originals from the mod creators if you wanted to.

Archived