Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

23 minutes ago, Deadsimon said:

is there any documentation on this webapi, as i cant seem to find much about it that isnt CSM or catalyst.

No, the only official "documentation" is the backend and frontend code of the mod.

Also note that with A21 that version of the mod will be deprecated (i.e. only supported in it's current state for A21, probably with A22 at latest will no longer work) as A21 will get a vanilla implementation. The first versions won't have the full featureset of my mod (anything requiring the persistency file is not yet supported) so that's why some people might want to keep running the old mod in parallel for the time being.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, Alloc said:

No, the only official "documentation" is the backend and frontend code of the mod.

Also note that with A21 that version of the mod will be deprecated (i.e. only supported in it's current state for A21, probably with A22 at latest will no longer work) as A21 will get a vanilla implementation. The first versions won't have the full featureset of my mod (anything requiring the persistency file is not yet supported) so that's why some people might want to keep running the old mod in parallel for the time being.

I have spent most of the day tearing it apart for my development and it works well

My friend and i have made an application that gets the player locations from the webapi and checks them against home coordinates and move the user either to the inside home channel(discord) or outside channel for a sort of faux positional audio setup. (we know mumble is almost here but we don't really want to move from discord)

We tested it tonight with 6 people and it ran flawlessly and took about 50ms once you crossed the boundary to move you to the inside channel. 

We have intentions to break up the map into chunks and have hidden discord channels. Essentially just expanding what we've done. 

Alloc is there  anyway you could share the source code for the command function mod and command ext? 

As I spent today rummaging around the Web api, I would be more then happy to put that knowledge to use and write some documentation up.

8 hours ago, Deadsimon said:

(we know mumble is almost here ...)

Oh, was that announced already? But you can actually use it now already if you want, it's available as a mod for A20 ;)

Alloc is there  anyway you could share the source code for the command function mod and command ext? 

Not sure what exactly you mean. All of the mod's source is available through the as linked from the doc page: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server fixes

If you meant something else please let me know :)

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Seems like  persistentcontainer.bin is getting corrupted at server restarts 

Thanks for the report 👍

Do you happen to have a log? Works just fine in my local tests.

Also, did you make sure to use a new save - i.e. no old bin file in the folder from old 7D or an old mod version?

I'm reporting someone else's issue, I should have the first restart after installing the fixes in 40min on my server. It is a fresh server, but I can't say about this one:

```024-06-25T13:28:02 59.040 ERR CreateStringFromPuid with null PUID! From:
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Platform.EOS.UserIdentifierEos:CreateStringFromPuid (Epic.OnlineServices.ProductUserId)
Platform.EOS.UserIdentifierEos:get_ProductUserIdString ()
Platform.EOS.UserIdentifierEos:Equals (PlatformUserIdentifierAbs)

etc ```

Also

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize (System.IO.Stream,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler,bool,bool,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize (System.IO.Stream,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler,bool,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize (System.IO.Stream,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler,bool)

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize (System.IO.Stream,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler)

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize (System.IO.Stream)

AllocsFixes.PersistentData.PersistentContainer:Load () (at E:/allocs_mod_legacy/7dtd-server-fixes/src/PersistentData/PersistentContainer.cs:45)

AllocsFixes.API:GameAwake () (at E:/allocs_mod_legacy/7dtd-server-fixes/src/API.cs:19)

That first trace should actually have more lines than just that, and the next ones would be the more important part :D

But yeah, right now I do not see why it would have an issue with the file, as long as it's not trying to load a file from a previous mod version.

I see a lot of maping by PlatformUserManager that was not there before 1.0... anyways, here is my log (fresh server, second boot after installing server fixes): pastebin.com/DXH4Zviq

Posted (edited)

Would you mind sharing the full log?

The mapping stuff is ok, will probably be removed at some point as it's mostly for us for debugging.

PS: Actually I have an idea what it might be, will get back to you in a few minutes.

Edited by Alloc (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Alloc said:

Would you mind sharing the full log?

The mapping stuff is ok, will probably be removed at some point as it's mostly for us for debugging.

PS: Actually I have an idea what it might be, will get back to you in a few minutes.

Here is a log from when we first started the server yesterday.

sdtdserver-console-2024-06-24-13%3A59%3A11.log

And here is the most recent log.

[UnityMemory] Configuration Parameters - Can be set up in boot.config "memo - Pastebin.com

Do I still need the server fixes to have a webmap, or does what the game comes with now work just as good.

I'm asking because I've been having  issues. With the webmap not appearing. I have a post up in the support section of the forum that has all the details.

Depends on your goals. If you just want a map (or any of the new dashboard's like the command console) no need to get my legacy mods. If what you're looking for is related to any player data (e.g. positions, inventory) you won't be happy with the current state of the dashboard alone as it can't provide that yet. It will be on par with the legacy mod features, but that requires some changes to vanilla first.

Kinda... did you actually delete the persistent.bin file after installing the last update? That would be the only exölanation for me why this would happen right now.

I did, yes. I'm also getting this at start up:
2024-07-02T23:00:28 0.729 INF [MODS]   Initializing mod TFP_Harmony
2024-07-02T23:00:28 0.738 INF [MODS]     Found ModAPI in TfpHarmony.dll, creating instance
2024-07-02T23:00:28 0.738 INF [MODS]       [Harmony] Init done
Fallback handler could not load library /home/container/7DaysToDieServer_Data/MonoBleedingEdge/x86_64/data-0x56021a3ffec0.so

But it is probably unrelated