• Trader quests reset for the player on game restart, allowing the player to exploit which ones to pick or even repeat the exact same POI several times in the same day.

Blake_

Summary: Trader quests reset for the player on game restart, allowing the player to exploit which ones to pick or even repeat the exact same POI several times in the same day.

Game Version: A20 b218

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows.

Game mode: Singleplayer, Multiplayer P2P. Not tested on a Server, but it should work on restart in a server too.

Did you wipe old saves? Yes.

Did you start a new game? Yes.

Did you validate your files? Yes.

Are you using any mods? No, never.

EAC on or off? EAC off and Gamesparks off.

Bug Description: Trader quests reset for the player on game restart, allowing the player to exploit which ones to pick or even repeat the exact same POI several times in the same day.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Start a new game or Load a map. Go to the trader. See her boo... her quest list.

Spoiler

20211212143821_1.thumb.jpg.a4afc8814a246d77c51c0447f7cf887d.jpg

2) Exit to the Start menu of 7dtd.

Spoiler

20211212143941_1.thumb.jpg.2d7ee28aea232864fd493d0f78cfa5b3.jpg

3) Talk again to the trader and see that the quest job list has changed on restart, so you don't have to wait 1 day. That means you can exploit this to do 10 times the same POI in a day by just restarting until you get the roll. Or even ALL buried supplies for funsies.

Spoiler

20211212143929_1.thumb.jpg.1502e7e55a3924ff2ca84b36213ea4b8.jpg

Actual result: Trader quests reset for the player on game restart, allowing the player to exploit which ones to pick or even repeat the exact same POI several times within the same day.

Expected result: Trader quest list shouldn't reset on restart for any player ever. It should save the quest list of the trader on exit and reload it on relog to avoid exploits.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There hasn't been an explanation on why isn't this a bug, bit I reported it because it IS. Bug is everyhing that is not intended and results in a damaged gameplay. The tutorial/tooltips clearly state that traders reset quests once a day, therefore this IS a bug as you can bypass that statement altogether. 

@Jugginator @TSBX or whoever calcelled this ticket : it is polite to inform about the reason, otherwise I will continue to post it in the following builds due to the lack of it. Transparency. 

Edit: Typo: "but I reported it".

1 minute ago, Jugginator said:

It wasn't me that moved it, there MIGHT be a change to it in the future, but this has always been a thing. 

Lol. I'll take that as an explanation, thanks !. I will continue to report it each and every build then. I MIGHT stop someday ( evil squirrel laugh). This is not a feature, it's a bug that also happens to be an exploit.

Hi @Blake_ Anyone in a SP game can easily turn on CM/DM and reset the quest list at anytime. There is nothing stopping a player from doing that. If this is still an issue in MP, it will be addressed at that time.

Also, please note that constant spamming, dm'ing, tagging, or any other harassment of TFP staff will NOT be tolerated. You've been warned.

Just now, schwanz9000 said:

Hi @Blake_ Anyone in a SP game can easily turn on CM/DM and reset the quest list at anytime. There is nothing stopping a player from doing that. If this is still an issue in MP, it will be addressed at that time.

Also, please note that constant spamming, dm'ing, tagging, or any other harassment of TFP staff will NOT be tolerated. You've been warned.

Thank you very much for the info.

As for the rest:

Tagging is the only way to call upon QA if a bug has not been answered with a reason (all of the bugs are). Certain politeness is appreciated . Reporting a bug that has not been answered is reason to make another similar report when a new patch comes out. This one has been answered now by you, so thank you.

That said, it's not professional that I had to call out to any random QA because a report is not answered in any way whatsoever. Staff is not obligated to, but if they don't then how would I now what to do?

5 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Thank you very much for the info.

As for the rest:

Tagging is the only way to call upon QA if a bug has not been answered with a reason (all of the bugs are). Certain politeness is appreciated . Reporting a bug that has not been answered is reason to make another similar report when a new patch comes out. This one has been answered now by you, so thank you.

That said, it's not professional that I had to call out to any random QA because a report is not answered in any way whatsoever. Staff is not obligated to, but if they don't then how would I now what to do?

We get notifications with replies, then you react then you tag then we get 6 notifications in a minute and it blogs down everything else in there. We see it all :)

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

Just now, Jugginator said:

We get notifications with replies, then you react then you tag then we get 6 notifications in a minute and it blogs down everything else in there. We see it all :)

Uops. I didn't know that. I'll shut up with the @ as much as I can from now on. I'd be calling it spamming too if I was in your boots indeed.

I'm really sorry guys.