• Power.dat file wipes/resets when dedicated server restarts.

Howlune

Summary: Power.dat file and subsequently all power items/blocks are reset infrequently upon dedicated server restarts.

Game Version: A20.2 (b2)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel I7 7700k

System Memory: 32 gb

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB VRAM

Screen Resolution: 1440x2560

Video Settings: Custom

Game mode: MP on Dedicated Server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

On dedicated server restarts, sometimes the power.dat file in Worldsave will wipe itself, causing all engines and gas in generators, ammo in turrets, batteries in battery banks and solar cells in solar banks to disappear along with any wiring between them all. This did not happen in A19 no matter how many electrical items were being used. Automatic server restarts are needed to avoid memory leaks and lag, so frequent restarts are necessary.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Setup any number of electrical devices and wire them together, add engines/fuel, etc.

2) Restart the server a few times.

3) Sometimes, but not all the time, the power.dat will reset and all power blocks and items will wipe everything within them and disconnect power.

Expected result: Server restarts do not alter or wipe power.dat file in Worldsaves, and all items are as they were before the restart happened.

Actual result: Infrequently wipes the power.dat file and resets all electrical items, having to keep backups of the file and replace it to remedy the issue.

Pastebin link for output log: No log entries.

Debug screenshots:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

A log of the previous session before this happens would be useful. Loaded a ton of electrical stuff on a test dedi and restarted it a few times, including killing the server console process and didn't have this happen. Save protection is being talked about/looked at anyway.

I can confirm that is a recurring issue and has been reported to me by many many users.
    I have been able to reproduce it multiple times by shutting a server console down early in the restart process.