• Region File Corruption

deadbolt

Paste bin: https://pastebin.com/Xat4hj7K

Summary: 

This is a big one, region files being corrupt at first, at least once a day, after a few days 2-3 times a day eventually having 2-3+ region files corrupting at the same time and then leading to a wipe of the map.

I was told by SylenThunder the issue was known, however, I could not find it here and I was told by one of my community members they had spoken with Fubar Prime who had told him he had no idea about this issue.

This particular issue would be quite important to fix as it causes the servers to become very high maintenance and progress can't be saved. 

Game Version: A20

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows  10 PRO

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor  (cores: 32)

System Memory: 65466 MB

GPU Model and VRAM: N/A Dedicated server box

Screen Resolution: N/A dedicated server

Video Settings: N/A dedicated server

Game mode: MP on RWG, PREGEN and Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes -> Multiple times

Did you validate your files? Yes -> Deleted everything and started over numerous times

Are you using any mods? Yes -> Only Allocs

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

See above, this bug forces admins to delete problematic region files Paste bin: https://pastebin.com/Xat4hj7K

This issue means progress can't exceed 50 or so days without requiring a full wipe or heavy duty maintenance to keep the server running, something I can't justify so I just wipe.

I am trying to load the output log showing what leads to the corrupt region file but the file is 500mb in size and won't load. I can share this via DM on Discord if you send me a DM (deadbolt) or you can just send me a private message here to get the log.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Play the game on multiplayer for a few days and it will get corrupt files.

2) Issue is occurring on multiple servers including mine (Builder Friendly), Walking Zed, Spicy Zombies ect all servers experiencing this issue (if players play there)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Map requiring constant maintenance to the point where it's too much and then admins wipe.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Map that can last longer than 50 game days without having tons of issues.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Seeing this on multiple client's servers, all so far are running the 10k or 8k PREGEN maps. Removing the file indicated and the base version allows it to run again for a while, then it happens again more and more frequently.

TheWalkingZed:
     We have started marking them as reset regions. It happens several times a day, and has happened since A20 started. We are on a new 8K map, fresh wipe when stable, and still have this issue. I see others complaining about the issue. Loads of players plan to hold off until this particular issue stabilizes.