• Forge Lag

aDhd
    • Version: 1.0

Summary: Forges causing excessive lag when burning.

Game Version: (V1.0 b3xx)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel i7-6700HQ)

System Memory: ( 16 GB )

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia  GeForce gtx 970M)

Screen Resolution: ( 1920x1080)

Video Settings: (Default medium)

Game mode: (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (/No)

EAC on 

Bug Description: I have a base in the middle of no where in the desert and I have no problems when I look at terrain or go into smaller pois, however, when I have both of my forges smelting and concrete mixer going, my whole base gets excessively laggy. To note, I didn't have these problems in alpha 21 or 20. When I look outside the frames go up then the second I turn my characters head to look at the forges the frames drop significantly. Ive tried messing with the video settings and going to low but it has no effect. TY!

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Make a base in the middle of nowhere

2) Set up two forges and a concrete mixer and smelt cement and iron and clay

3) Look directly at the forges and watch for frame drop then turn the camera out into the desert and your frames will go right back up

Expected result: Less forge lag

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can you please provide a client log that includes the time when this issue is happening?

Basically, go into the game, load your save, make the issue happen, exit, and then post the log from that.

I'm also having the issue

Game Version: (V1.0 b3xx)

OS/Version: (Windows 10)

CPU Model: (AMD 5800x)

System Memory: ( 32GB )

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia  GeForce gtx 1080ti 11GB)

Screen Resolution: ( 2560x1440)

Video Settings: (custom)
    Dynamic Resolution on 60fps min
    AA-Temporal
    AA Sharpening - 5%
    Texture Quality - Full

Texture Filter - High
    Reflection Quality - Low
    Reflected Shadows - Off

Shadows Distance - Medium

Shadows Quality - Medium

Particles - 65%

View Distance - Medium
    Lod Distance - 75%
    Terrain Quality - Medium

Water Quality - High

Grass Distance - Medium

Object Quality - High

Occlusion - On

Bloom - On

Depth of Field - Off

SSAO - On

SS Reflections - Medium

Sun Shafts - On

Game mode: (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (Yes) no visual mods. 

EAC Off

I get on average 65-70 FPS but when around my base I get 35 - 40. It became worse when adding more than one forge. With one forge my FPS was around 45-50. I also only get 30 FPS at trader joel's, more specifically only when inside the main building. As soon as I enter the door the game feels like it lags then the FPS drops. 

Just tested it and the FPS drop happens when I'm within two blocks from the forge looking away from them, down to 45 FPS. When looking at them and still it drops down low then bounces around 30. If I'm moving and looking at them it bounces between 30 and 60 (I'm gessing because of Dynamic Resolution. 

I have my gpu OC'd but with just the power and GPU temp sliders on the evga precision x1 app. My GPU is at 100% usage in task manager. 

IDK why but the last log file I have is from 3-27-22. Did the save location change from the 7DaysToDie_Data in the main dir? 

Thank you for reporting, I believe we have a related internal ticket on this one. The effects weren't being governed by the "Particles" setting and thus causing FPS drops. It's been fixed in an internal build but is not in the most recent experimental version that came out today (so it's not in b312). Please try in the next version when it is out and let us know if you are still having issues.

Using build 333

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I started experiencing lag / fps drops with 1.0 around the first forge I built.   Then with the burning shaft mod and once I got to the wasteland I noticed the trader had some pretty rough fps drops.   Other than those three instances the game runs perfectly fine, hordes are no problem.

Last night I was searching playing with the settings and my problem is definitely particle related.   Reducing the particles from 50 to 25 doubled my fps when looking at the forge or being at the trader.

Hi there, the forge issue is certainly an annoying one, I am running a decent high end pc and everything runs fine apart from being close to the forges. The fix that annoyingly looks worse but completely eliminates the issue for me is to turn shadows totally off. I know it looks worse graphically but it seems to make a huge improvement on the game. Hope this helps.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.