• V 1.0 (b317) Trader Bob Inaccessible

blah505
    • Version: V 1.0 (b317)

Summary: My friend and I walked into trader Bob's shop for the first time  and we can't even interact with him. I didn't even know trader Bob was a thing I've never seen him in any of my other play throughs.

Game Version: (V 1.0 b317)

OS/Version: (Windows 10)

CPU Model: (AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor  3.20 GHz)

System Memory: (32.0 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (AMD RX 6600)

Screen Resolution: (1920x1080 16:9)

Map: Random World Generation (Kiyaiki Mountains)

Are you using any mods? (No)

Bug Description: Can't press "E" on trader bob 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

CANT! if you have the bug you have it. Seems like a lot of people have it after the last update.....

Link to Pastebin Output Log: FILE is to large according to Pastebin

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ah wtf you cant edit post once posted -_- didn't see the error in the title well... was gonna put unusable or inaccessible but my @%$# auto corrected it to unaccusable  

I will be needing more information from you to attempt to pinpoint the issue you are having, because I am having no trouble interacting with trader Bob in V1.0 b317. 

If you enter game, attempt to interact with Bob, and exit game right after that, the output should not be too long to post on pastebin.

Please read the RWG info section of the pinned post for what map information I will need in order to attempt to reproduce your issue.

Guest same problem on v328

Posted

playing with my husband and its the first time meeting trader bob, and no action optiions either, for both of us. we had exit the game and reopened it, and still same issue. 

Here is something you can try, but be warned that this "MAY" remove any player chests, blocks, or other items in the nearby vicinity. You shouldn't be able to place such things close enough to the trader to matter, but you have been warned.

Proceed at your own risk.

Stand inside the Trader Bob compound
    As Host or with admin privileges, open the console with F1
    Type dm and then press enter to enter into debug mode
    Press ESC to close the console
    Hold SHIFT and press F6 to open the Game Events command list
    Type poireset in the search field
    Click on test_POIReset to reset the Trader Bob compound
    Open the console, type dm again to exit debug mode
    Attempt to interact with Trader Bob

If you reset the trader POI is fine, but you can also (as a player) place frame blocks, jump inside of the trader - go to the side closest to the trader NPC and run to talk to him then will unglitch - you might get teleported out or the game will throw you to limbo trying to send you out, if works, you will be able to open the doors, come in and out without at least until next day.

I personally noticed if anyone is near the trader when the trader restocks there is a high change to happen and that's the only work around for players without admins flying there to talk to the NPC.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.