My Vision, Electrification!

Mc Draken

Hi Guys! I wish to share my toughts about some new, upgraded crafting stations. Electricity grants space for a thematic evolution to gain uniqueness to the table. To make the upgraded stations really different, not just better versions.

Electric Furnace/Induction Forge:

A big metal forge ran by electricity. Drains wattage while working.

30% faster than the stone one, and has 9 output slot with 4 smeler slot.

(U got UI space, since fuel slot doesent needed.

Hot plate/Stove: Similar upgrade, more slots, 30% faster. Runs on electricity. Drains wattage. Actually got an asset.

Work station: a workbench with a drill, saw and stuff signing its advanced, electric property. Crafts 20% faster, has a 50points higher max crafting. (Or similar purpose within the new A17 system.)

Dystillery: yeah you guessed it, electric chem station. You know the rest.

Thats definitely not a creative idea, but actually would be awesome. The new technology and the ability to run the whole base on electricity gives a great mood of progression. You straight up upgrading your gameplay, gaining more comfort and efficiency for resources.

I think that would be a must have content.

Drawbridge probably should be ran by electricity, just like cement mixer.

Wish you the best!

Some more electronics would be nice, get one of them microwaves working and a camping stove you can pickup.

For the workbench a milling station.

As for the forge, a Arc furnace takes a lot of power so gas operated would be a better option and its something you can make in your shed, same for a chem station, Bunsen burners and glas would be better then electric.

Most of it can be found in schools, labs and a lot of models are ingame allready as statics

You are technically right. But as i said, the fact they are electric, gives the opportunity to centralize the base's resource management.

If i would just suggest upgraded stations requiring... lets say fuel, we miss on the centric part, and the additional function of automtaic switch on and off.

A gas-stove is the same as the campfire, you just put in (and potentially waste) a different resource.

But if you add electric ones, you can grant them an additional perk of automatic switch on and off.

If its not crafting, wont cost wattage. Thats a perk and adds more comfortability to it. So a more worthwile, "just enough different" system to become truly an upgrade with a feel of real progression.

Also giving up fuel slot on ui, ads space to more output slots witbout much rework on it.

Tldr: from a designer point, electricity gives more options to work with.

I would like to see some more advanced work stations. The table saw is a good start, but it should require power to operate. So add a lathe for making ammunition and complex parts, and making it require electricity to work would be neat. It would also make resource management more fun and challenging. Do you need gas for the lathe, or the car? Make the lathe a more advanced, efficient work bench that saves metal at the cost of fuel.

Archived