I think clay should just be removed

survivor727

I'm quite tired of this parroted response. A) I didnt buy a game so I could finish making it enjoyable, I bought a game so it would be fun, fair, and balanced out of the box. I don't want to spend time learning to mod a game. I paid for it just to play it and enjoy. B) We run vanilla dedicated servers, and again modding cannot be part of the equation if we want to remain on the standard servers tab, which is our desire.

Then maybe you should start listening. You bought an early release of an alpha game. It is not "balanced out of the box", it's not even in the box yet.

the standard server tab is overrated...

Speak for yourself. When we started up our first server, it was modded and my friend and I were the only 2 people to join it for literal days. When we made it standard, it filled to capacity that same day with zero advertising. If you dont already have a user base and are trying to build one from strangers, the modded server tab is player-count-poison.

Think about it. You're a new player who just got the game and are eager to play with other people, so you click Connect to Server on the main menu and the next thing you see is the standard server list populating. The other tabs (at least up to A16) dont even have text labels. Noobs dont click the tabs.. their attention is immediately captured by the list of standard servers that appear right in front of their face, and they choose one of those. It's just the way of things.

I never played when there were molds, but I can imagine the headache if you have to keep making them, or even keep swapping them out.

No, it wasnt a pain at all. We simply made multiple forges for each mold. Which is not so different from now.. me and most people I know still utilize multiple forges in their bases now. So we had a forge for bullet casings, a forge for iron, etc. It wasn't a constant game of shuffling molds.

Then maybe you should start listening. You bought an early release of an alpha game. It is not "balanced out of the box", it's not even in the box yet.

Yes I know it is still in the works. But they made this change 4 versions ago. It's had time to settle, and this post was me saying I have given it a fair chance (for years) and I still don't like it. That's my feedback. I am allowed to suggest feedback about changes I'd like to see happen even if the game isn't complete, right? Or else, why do these forums exist before the game is finished? It's primarily a portal to give the devs feedback.

Archived