b208 and Trader Quests

Whorhay

Not sure if it's just my bad luck or what but in the three new RWG games I rolled up today my traders all had quests that were anywhere from a bit over 1km up to 5km for Tier 1. In all but one case there were probably 15+ POI structures within site of the trader. In my b199 game I had fewer buildings near the trader but I probably did 5 or so quests before I didn't have any quest options under a km distant, and even then none of them were even at the 2km mark.

Trader has a roughly 1km minimum range it seems, probably to prevent players from abusing it and doing multiple short-range missions in rapid succession. I can see the system breaking if you can do 3 missions a day because they're real close to the trader. Ingame, the trader probably only wants you to do things they can't be bothered to deal with themselves, and 'right around the corner' is usually something you'd think they'd be able to handle.

They're still worth doing every time, if only for the antibiotics, pre-forge tools, and oil.

Archived