[Help] Changing Perk description in xml without localization.txt

Garthnait

Hi there.

I have a modified BackpackModlet that gives me 8 additional slots per point spent in the Perk. No i tried to change the text in the description of the perk direkt via the xml.

My modlet changes in the progression.xml:

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='4']/@value">8</set>
<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='9']/@value">16</set>
<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='15']/@value">24</set>
<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='21']/@value">32</set>
<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='27']/@value">40</set>

now i tried to change the description:

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/effect_description[@desc_key='perkPackMuleRank1Desc']/@desc_key">"Test 234"</set>

but this only make the text at the perk disappearing. same without the "".

Anyone has a helping hand on how to change this?

Many thanks,

Garth

The perk descriptions are in localization.txt, which can't be modded through xpath...

perkPackMuleRank1Desc,progression,Perk,New,Carry four more items without being encumbered.,,,,,

perkPackMuleRank2Desc,progression,Perk,New,Carry five more items without being encumbered.,,,,,

perkPackMuleRank3Desc,progression,Perk,New,Carry six more items without being encumbered.,,,,,

perkPackMuleRank4Desc,progression,Perk,New,Carry six more items without being encumbered.,,,,,

perkPackMuleRank5Desc,progression,Perk,New,Carry six more items without being encumbered.,,,,,

Archived