A17 from the point of a so called "hater"

Viktoriusiii

DON'T discuss. This thread is unfinished, but I'm tired. Its just a first feedback for them.

I will try and update this once I can play more.

Sooo... I'm finally home and able to play the game.

I have only very few hours in it (right now) will update this post afterwards.

So far I have to get a few things off my chest:

There are quite some good points... but a LOT of negatives, too much to mention everything, so I will stay with the most important stuff.

But most of the things I could see coming from the madmole videos.

Positive:

Its finally a survival game.

Good job on that! While still quite a bit to go, on insane, I avoid zombies now if I can.

Thats a GREAT +. This includes balancing, speed/stamina food/drink and zombie hp.

The new items, blocks and POIs are awesome! Good job!

Lighting (mostly) is atmospheric.

Negative:

Oh boy did you done fked up! :D

Yes, performance is attrocious. Whoever thought that they are improving... holy crap! I can only barely run it on 35fps (before in the 60s)

The grass textures are THE WORST!!! And most textures only focus after you get in 2-3 meter range, which looks aweful.

Dogs/Wolves are unbalanced! At least before you get a gun! They are too fast and you cannot shoot and run like in A16 so if one spots you, you are dead.

None of the above:

Vultures have some sort of hummingbird gene, which makes them follow me around... and while none of them have been able to hit me... they are (mostly balanced)

Bow and Arrow are... better... now there is actually a drawback to them (haha... get it...) they are pretty weak now... so you are better off meleeing zombies.

Combat is weird. I play in insane and I have only died once because of a bug (will post a bugthread tomorrow)

But zombies cant even touch me in melee... i simply walk back, walk forward, hard hit, -> repeat.

I'm not at the hordenight... so no idea how that will go for me... but currently, while zombies are insanely durable, they dont seem to be able to hit me! (but if they do OH BOY! Bleed+infection+40hp and that in 1 hit)

A17 seems unfinished... was to be expected after all those pushbacks... it feels more like an intermideate... A 16.5(experimental) a lot of things are unpolished, movement oftentimes sluggish (not talking about speed or stamina), performance is dreadful and every new feature seems like its only a component for the final part.

If I'm right, A18 will be awesome. If I'm not, this alpha is the worst in 7d2d history.

PS: REMOVE LEVELGATING!!!

(seriously. You can do better then that. If you need help, I can give you 3 easy methods how to do the same thing without levelgating)

Balancing:

there are SOOOOO many things completly unbalanced!

1. meat gives the same amount of stamina, charred and grilled are 1:1, while boiled meat gives you a bit of health and water. Grilled should give 12 stamina, boiled 15.

Otherwise, why would I craft a grill/waste a water?

2. XP!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! HOW MUCH XP DO ZOMBIES GIVE?

2 hits on stone: 1xp

5-6 hits on a zombie: 700xp

Lol I know what I'll be doing for the next 2 hours, be max level and be back in A16 again, no early game required!

3. you should GET XP for buying stuff at the trader!

4. (to be continued)

Archived