Alpha 17 wont load, anyone help

zomble

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it. My friend also has 2 macs, one a power mac tower and one a powerbook, his wont load on his powerbook which is the same problem I have, mine loads fine on my imac (but thats at work!)

I am so sad, I want to stick arrows in Zombies!

I have tried a complete unistall several times but am not convinced I got rid of all the files, i have searched the library and thrown away as well as an unistall fromsteam.

ANy ideas on what Im missing?

this is the log

Fallback handler could not load library /Users/flycheese/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libsteam_api

Line 17 states:

Plugins: Couldn't open /Users/flycheese/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib, error: dlopen(/Users/flycheese/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib, 2): no suitable image found.

Then I noticed you said Power mac and Power book. Would these be based on the Power PC instead of Intel processors? That could be the reason that there is "no suitable image found". In other words, your mac may be too old.

Some quick googling brought this up as an incompatibility with Yosemite (10.10.5) and some versions of the SteamAPI bundle.

If TFP are using an out of date bundle for MacOS then hopefully they can update it. Otherwise updating your OS to Sierra or High Sierra also seems to fix it.

See https://steamcommunity.com/app/435400/discussions/1/2906376154318602906/#c2906376154320558243

Archived