Framerate dropped by half in A17e

SgtThompson

I finally got a chance to play Alpha 17e, and it runs significantly worse on my system and my wife's, to the extent that I've had to go from medium/high to low settings on my GTX 960, and it's been rendered unplayable on my wife's macbook. I was used to get 50+ frames, and now I'm going from 40fps to as low as 26fps. My wife's is on the lowest settings and getting less than 30.

It seems like the graphics have improved on the higher settings (so long as trees are high and grass isn't low), but I wouldn't say they're twice as good for half the frames.

Is this something that's sure to improve after a few experimental releases, or is this the new normal for 7D2D?

I was at solid 60 FPS in Alpha 16. Just installed A17, after the 10 minute wait to generate the map, im greeted with lovely 15 FPS!!! not to mention the holes in the world(visual bugs). Can't even begin to imagine when horde night comes... 1 FPS max. So, this is what we waited 1 year+? yet, another game that became unplayable(talking about Rust), unless you got the most recent CPU and GPU on the market.

I do hope that this is just an optimization question. It is an experimental version, not exactly fully playable.

That said, with a brand new MSI Infinite desktop pc... i cannot play on max setting either, and its not very great at medium ones aswell, shadows to near, water to mid, trees to high, loading distance to 50, textures to HALF, ssao and bllooms and shafts off...... and it still stutters fps 15-27 , 25 on average... not good

lol I went from 18-35 FPS in a16 to 60 in a17. Not anywhere close to max settings, so you should explore the options and find out what is slowing you down so TFP can fix it for stable... maybe.

I played with the settings a bit, and it seems like trees have the largest impact, but lowering that to finger painting quality still doesn't cut it.

Another friend of mine has a Vega 56 and his performance improved as well. Do you have an AMD card by chance?

Archived