Where is the FOV slider???

longjonschaef14

I'm loving Alpha 17, but the very first thing I did once I launched it was to adjust the FOV. I was disappointed when I couldn't find it anywhere. Why was this taken out? The current FOV is so tight it feels like i'm aiming down sight. Will this be added back? Or is there a way to change it in the config files? I poked around with no luck. Again, loving A17, but I really want this feature back. Thanks.

Guest Nyteshade12134

As a console command (press F1) you can use:

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew 113

The number is variable, 113 is what I have set.

Unfortunately it looks like you have to do this each time you play.

As a console command (press F1) you can use:

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew 113

The number is variable, 113 is what I have set.

Unfortunately it looks like you have to do this each time you play.

Awesome! Thanks so much! This definitely works in a single player game, but requires a little more work if you're playing on a dedicated server such as myself. My friend and I had to make ourselves admins by putting our Steam64 ID's in a configuration file on PingPerfect. This then allowed us to not get an error when when we entered the command. However, when I entered the command I didn't see immediate results like I did in the single player game. There was no sudden zoom out. We assumed that there was no fix. Later, we had some other issues and logged out of the server and came back in. Then I realized that my FOV was significantly wider. I don't know what caused it to finally happen, but it happened. There are some visual distortions of things around the edges when at FOV 100, but honestly it's so much more enjoyable I rarely noticed it. Thanks for the info.

Archived