Hex custom tints

Kevin1000

Hi all Please can you post as much info as possible regarding custom tints for 7dtd items.

Adding these two lines in works fine but not all colour tints work.

<property name="CustomIcon" value="44MagBullet" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="FF7373" />

i need info on where to get the colours from that work.

I have been trying to make an item called "milk" which i want to be in a glass jar and white but white tints dont seem to work.

if anyone can find a white tint that works please post it here.

If anyone knows a different way to get these tints working, please let me know

thanks guys

Here are a few option that may help you get to what you want, and more.

1 program small free Hex Color Finder,

2 Photoshop or most image editors go to the palette. will give a more custome color withe wider range.

3 dont use absolute white, it may be doing the same as masking image and act as make lower layers visible. Try an off white or eggshell or cream color. Once you have a color that shows up, its easier to work from there.

4 change the color format to hex EX: "white is 255 255 255" black is 0 0 0 and shades of grey are all 3 numbers being the same like 228 228 228 or 211 211 211. odd duck numbers like 211 205 230 begin to mix the primary colors unevenly to make hues. But this format is also accepted as color rep in parts of the xmls.

Hope this helps.

PS: for #2 image editors double click color default black whit color to bring up the palette, then if not automatic use the eyedropper to select a favorable color and get the exct code for copy paste.

Archived