Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Warsaken;106826]Not to be rude, but that just about misses what our entire conversation was about. Almost at the bottom of the last page, we've discovered the grass IDs do NOT change the texture despite having different/seperate IDs. That includes the ones in-game. We know how to change them in the editor, but in-game the IDs represent the same exact texture/mesh.[/QUOTE] my mistake :sorrow:

[QUOTE=Warsaken;107032]This is going to get even more interesting at this rate. Not a significant find by any means, but meta 1 on a door leaves the door in the open position in a prefab as it's default state.[/QUOTE] Thanks every find is a good one as it shows us how they are getting the use of Meta Tags in place to change states of blocks. :)

[QUOTE=Warsaken;107032]This is going to get even more interesting at this rate. Not a significant find by any means, but meta 1 on a door leaves the door in the open position in a prefab as it's default state.[/QUOTE] Nice find Warsaken, I've added the changes to the editor for the next release. Hal

If I haven't been up all night working on my latest prefab, I'd dive into meta tag testing, but I think I'm going to retire here in a bit... *laugh*. I tell you, though, I absolutely love this game. Still going strong, but I really want a way to implement my own new blocks. I'm DYING for more colors, textures, and new decorations...

I'm going to start cleaning up the prefab manager area. To do this I need to break some of the stuff that's already out there. So until the next version please consider the search / upload / download tools offline. Here's my thoughts on the changes: Download / Manager area: * Sortable columns * Filter search * Auto warning on overlapping prefabs * GUI Resizing for larger screens * Update notifications for prefabs you've downloaded Upload area: * A "My Prefabs" section to manage / alter your upload info * Entity Spawner Wizard (no, not an actual Wizard. Just something so you don't have to write XML) Other suggestions welcome.

Good idea's Hal, I like the idea of the Spawner Wizard to help people put the spawn codes into their xml file. It would be nice if we had a way to create these spawners inside the prefab map to see graphically what we were doing. I know it doesn't get saved with the prefab, so this might be a bigger undertaking. ( add to the list..lol ) Maybe a "create spawner" button on the main menu that will load a prefab and create spawners to edit and save? It's the one major tool missing from all the editors. Thanks Hal, for your continued effort in creating a great tool, without it there would be none of these great prefabs to share. +1 +1 +1

Yeah I'm trying to figure out a way to display it visually but struggling at the moment. That may have to be a future goal. Once the wizard is done it shouldn't be difficult to expand it into the editor. Just how that gets implemented is jet to be decided. I'm also thinking an "Auto populate" button might be worth it. Where it just places a random spawner to provide an "average" level of zombies around the place.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;107075]Yeah I'm trying to figure out a way to display it visually but struggling at the moment. That may have to be a future goal. Once the wizard is done it shouldn't be difficult to expand it into the editor. Just how that gets implemented is jet to be decided. I'm also thinking an "Auto populate" button might be worth it. Where it just places a random spawner to provide an "average" level of zombies around the place.[/QUOTE] Yes Auto Populate Spawner... you could center a single spawner using the map coordinates, size to include the entire prefab x,y,z, and let the designer choose the group to spawn ( or use your own table of size vs group ) with a trigger range. maybe a simple include spawner button to at least have one spawner created in the prefab. that way people who don't understand spawners or xml can get zombies into their maps without adding them as entities.

I'm looking more into it as I speak, but since when did the cars in game change damage models when shot? The editor as it stands right now, can't change damage models (that I'm aware of). May be on to something... heh. Speaking of which, Hal, is their a way to save a car entities damage model so we can have varies states of disrepair?

[QUOTE=Warsaken;107277]I'm looking more into it as I speak, but since when did the cars in game change damage models when shot? The editor as it stands right now, can't change damage models (that I'm aware of). May be on to something... heh. Speaking of which, Hal, is their a way to save a car entities damage model so we can have varies states of disrepair?[/QUOTE] The cars have changed models for quite a while. They'll blow up if you keep shooting them too. I don't think you can have the cars in different damage states as they are entities, not blocks. And the game always seems to spawn entities with full HP. There might be an editor update released later today. Depend how much I can get done. The upload/download changes won't be complete but the searching facility should work again. There's also a couple new commands for you. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;107353]The cars have changed models for quite a while. They'll blow up if you keep shooting them too. I don't think you can have the cars in different damage states as they are entities, not blocks. And the game always seems to spawn entities with full HP. There might be an editor update released later today. Depend how much I can get done. The upload/download changes won't be complete but the searching facility should work again. There's also a couple new commands for you. Hal[/QUOTE] Amazing how I can see little details here and there and then completely miss others. I've never noticed the damage model change, but I did know car entities blew up with enough damage. Odd... I've been prefab'ing too much lately (sounds kinky, eh?).

[QUOTE=Warsaken;107357]Amazing how I can see little details here and there and then completely miss others. I've never noticed the damage model change, but I did know car entities blew up with enough damage. Odd... I've been prefab'ing too much lately (sounds kinky, eh?).[/QUOTE] You dirty little prefabber ;)

This is the entity class pulled from the model_3.xml: !-- CARS --> Seems it would eventually be possible to spawn an entity (in this case the car entities) with pre-determined damage using the right file direction if they were set to their own classification. Or am I simplifying something that is way more complicated?

Yep it's all possible, just not implemented yet. It could be modded in, there's a load of tweaks I want to add, but I'm not doing them until after alpha because keeping all the changes up to date is a big task. Once we're out of alpha and most of the big features are added I reckon they'll be a huge increase in tweaks like these.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;107366]Yep it's all possible, just not implemented yet. It could be modded in, there's a load of tweaks I want to add, but I'm not doing them until after alpha because keeping all the changes up to date is a big task. Once we're out of alpha and most of the big features are added I reckon they'll be a huge increase in tweaks like these.[/QUOTE] Ah, ok. I gotcha there. I figured it was feasible, but I understand about the work keeping everything up to date. I think I need to quit dreaming until we're at least past Steam Workshop implementation. I want to add so many new blocks to this game, but changes will happen in the future. That's a guarantee.

Hey Hal, I have another thing that bugs me a lot and should be checked, if it really is a bug (or a feature?), from your side. ^^ Because of all those hackers and griefers joining my server and terrorizing players and admins alike, I wanted to let all players use the backup manager. So I set my claim size for the backup manager to the same as I use for the land claim blocks in the game (which in my case is 13). I assumed that the center of the area you claim with the "bbb claim" command would be exactly where I stood when issuing the command... Unfortunatley that is not the case.... or at least it is not for me. [B]It seems the whole bbb claim is moved +1 on both axis.[/B] You can reproduce the problem easily when placing a block to where the middle of the claimed area should be, and then stand on it and enter "bbb claim name wall". The generated gravel wall then is 1 block off to where it should be ... and this makes it very diffcult to use for players that need simple instructions like i want to give them (with standing on the LandClaimBlock and then using the claim command) Another minor thing: When changing the "Default Max Claims" to e.g. 4, it gives a warning that "Claim areas should be odd numbers". My guess is that this is a message related to the "Default Claim Size" and should not apply to the max amount of areas a player can claim, or should it?

[QUOTE=Tohuwabohu;107377]Hey Hal, I have another thing that bugs me a lot and should be checked, if it really is a bug (or a feature?), from your side. ^^ Because of all those hackers and griefers joining my server and terrorizing players and admins alike, I wanted to let all players use the backup manager. So I set my claim size for the backup manager to the same as I use for the land claim blocks in the game (which in my case is 13). I assumed that the center of the area you claim with the "bbb claim" command would be exactly where I stood when issuing the command... Unfortunatley that is not the case.... or at least it is not for me. [B]It seems the whole bbb claim is moved +1 on both axis.[/B] You can reproduce the problem easily when placing a block to where the middle of the claimed area should be, and then stand on it and enter "bbb claim name wall". The generated gravel wall then is 1 block off to where it should be ... and this makes it very diffcult to use for players that need simple instructions like i want to give them (with standing on the LandClaimBlock and then using the claim command) Another minor thing: When changing the "Default Max Claims" to e.g. 4, it gives a warning that "Claim areas should be odd numbers". My guess is that this is a message related to the "Default Claim Size" and should not apply to the max amount of areas a player can claim, or should it?[/QUOTE] Thanks Tohuwabohu, I've moved the claims over by -1 on each axis. See if that fixes it. I've also changed the error message to check the right value ^^ Almost out of code-juice today so I'll be releasing a mini update soon. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;107384] I've moved the claims over by -1 on each axis. See if that fixes it. I've also changed the error message to check the right value ^^ Almost out of code-juice today so I'll be releasing a mini update soon. [/QUOTE] Thanks for the quick reply, but please don't stress yourself, though I can't wait for that update. Me and the whole server-cummunity are going to include you in our daily prayers anyway. :nevreness:

Mini update time! Updated: Fixed error in prefab search function causing no results to return Added: Meta property to block selection area Added: Grass Meta Names (Thanks Wseigel!) Added: Door Meta Names (Thanks Warsaken!) Added: "loadprefab" command Added: "RegenThis" command Updated: Prefab Manager and Uploading GUI updates Updated: Changed Claim command claim equally around the player Main changes for this update: Prefab Download / upload should work again. This isn't the final version, just building the basics. In fact you should consider the whole area as "beta" for now. My goal is to get it finished by the time Aussie releases his Orientation Guide or shortly after. Once that's integrated to the editor I think it'll be time for another set of videos on how to use the software. This time with audio! If any of you prefabbers fancy working with me to do the videos send me a PM. I can talk about the technical side of the editor but can't build anything cool and I think it would be good for people watching to see something better than a box being built :D For those of you who have already uploaded prefabs I've tried to keep backwards compatibility. So you shouldn't need to do anything with stuff that's already up there. But there may be edge cases where I've missed something. New Commands bbb loadprefab xxx bbb lp xxx Where xxx is the name of the prefab. These commands load the prefab again into the world. If there's more than one instance of the prefab in the XML then the closest one to the player is loaded. bbb regenthis This command does the same as above but loads the prefab you're stood in. This way you don't need to know the name of the prefab. Just stand inside it and run this. Please note I'm talking about Prefabs - the stuff inside your Prefabs.XML file. Not Claims done through the "bbb save" stuff. So for example someone has wrecked the police station. You walk inside the building and type "bbb regenthis" and the prefab will reload. The reloading WONT effect anything around the prefab. This is good because it means you could load an export as a prefab and bring it into the world without damaging anything else in the region. No region deletes are needed. But it's also bad because if someone has created a crater under a prefab the prefab will just fall down again. So you need to understand the limits of the command. There's also a gotcha with the RegenThis command. Until I sit down and properly figure out how the rotation works for prefabs it may not work correctly. This is because the command works out where you are and where the prefab is based on default rotation. For most things it'll work fine, just stand somewhere near the middle. But for long, thin shapes (like the bridges) it fails because of the rotation. I'll improve the location method at some point in the future. Another addition to my to-do list :) Have a play and, as always, REPORT YOUR BUGS :D Cheers, Hal

Can't load the Settings. [CODE]Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung. ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\D\Desktop\Xml.txt" konnte nicht gefunden werden. bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) bei SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: . CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL. ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT-Debuggen ************** Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden. Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden. Zum Beispiel: Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt. [/CODE]

[QUOTE=Curbolt;107408]Can't load the Settings. [CODE]Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung. ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\D\Desktop\Xml.txt" konnte nicht gefunden werden. bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) bei System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) bei SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: . CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL. ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///E:/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT-Debuggen ************** Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden. Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden. Zum Beispiel: Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt. [/CODE][/QUOTE] Oops, that's debugging code. Reload to fix. Cheers, Hal

Archived