Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Sho'nuff;106136]Anyone else having an isuue with derpopo's flicker mod? My unload mod is fine, show zombies on map is fine, the mod is set to "1" in the settings.txt but my torches are still flickering. Gives me a headache but I cannot live without the unload mod. I adjusted my light levels to values over 1 to have the torches slow zombies. Could this be the reason I have that annoying flicker?[/QUOTE] What dll are you using? If you use Hals, he has the unload mod and the torch flicker in it. just select it from the mod button.

Yeah I am using Hal's dll. Everything else works just not the flicker mod. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the editor and tried overwriting the dll with the one in the editor's folder. Forgot to mention that I had it checked in the editor menu also.

[QUOTE=Sho'nuff;106141]Yeah I am using Hal's dll. Everything else works just not the flicker mod. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the editor and tried overwriting the dll with the one in the editor's folder. Forgot to mention that I had it checked in the editor menu also.[/QUOTE] Uncheck it. It'll work then. Backwards I know ^^ I'll update it in the next one

Feature Request: Placeholders and Batch Coordinate Export Would it be possible to add into the block list a placeholder? It could be called null, helper, holder, empty, or whatever else would be meaningful to differentiate it from every other block. All it really needs to do is mark a place in the prefab. On save, it could be defaulted to air. It would need to be callable on Import Qubicle XML. The second part would be a function to export the coordinates of this placeholder (or even any other block for that matter) in the format of prefab coordinates in prefabs.xml. Application: Instead of placing many prefabs using Place at Player, use placeholders painted into the prefab to generate coordinates. This could be used to randomly place buildings, for instance. World coordinates would be dependent upon the main prefab to already be listed in memory. Personal Application: Reference [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12679-PREFAB-MULTI-TERRAIN-Forest-Sanctuary"]Forest Sanctuary Prefab[/URL] Every little thing is randomly generated. It'd be very hit and miss to manually code coordinates, and it would be tedious (to say the least) to place a 100 or so instances of smaller preset-prefabs around this multi-prefab. One thing I'd like to do is place around customized bushes. They're made with submerged maple trees and dead brush. It's quite a neat little thing that'd make multiplayer sniping or zombie-dodging really interesting.

To claim the area for export to save you do not need a claim block. it is independent of the in game claim blocks. Yes you can give yourself the 9 claims and claim and export all the areas to save if you want to. The claim in Hals editor was in before we even had in game claim blocks. :)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;105520]When does the error occur? When the program starts? Is it the program you downloaded in the first post or the update? Do you have .NET 4.5 installed? Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] this is what i get, word for word, and here's the details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SDTDEditor.Helper' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at SDTDEditor.Helper..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SDTDEditor.Helper.LoadSettings() at SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mike/Desktop/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;106224]Would it be possible to add into the block list a placeholder? It could be called null, helper, holder, empty, or whatever else would be meaningful to differentiate it from every other block. All it really needs to do is mark a place in the prefab. On save, it could be defaulted to air. It would need to be callable on Import Qubicle XML. The second part would be a function to export the coordinates of this placeholder (or even any other block for that matter) in the format of prefab coordinates in prefabs.xml. Application: Instead of placing many prefabs using Place at Player, use placeholders painted into the prefab to generate coordinates. This could be used to randomly place buildings, for instance. World coordinates would be dependent upon the main prefab to already be listed in memory. Personal Application: Reference [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12679-PREFAB-MULTI-TERRAIN-Forest-Sanctuary"]Forest Sanctuary Prefab[/URL] Every little thing is randomly generated. It'd be very hit and miss to manually code coordinates, and it would be tedious (to say the least) to place a 100 or so instances of smaller preset-prefabs around this multi-prefab. One thing I'd like to do is place around customized bushes. They're made with submerged maple trees and dead brush. It's quite a neat little thing that'd make multiplayer sniping or zombie-dodging really interesting.[/QUOTE] Added to the list but, again, when they'll get done is unknown [QUOTE=TheRedWolf;106244]this is what i get, word for word, and here's the details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SDTDEditor.Helper' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at SDTDEditor.Helper..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SDTDEditor.Helper.LoadSettings() at SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mike/Desktop/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/QUOTE] Looks like you've moved the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file. You need to copy it, not move it. So there's a copy in the editor folder and the 7DTD folder. Hal

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;106401]No worries on ETA. ...you should totally have a donate button. :) I'd throw in more than my two cents![/QUOTE] Ha! Yeah, imagine that. Sitting on a beach somewhere making a living from building mods for people... I think I've just got a new life goal :D My next thing to do with the editor is sort out the prefab upload/download functions. I'm starting to get my server up and running again now so after that I'll be asking you guys whether it's worth doing or not. And if it is worth doing then ideas that will make you want to use it. Hal

Hey Hal, Do you have these instances of grasses in the editor? All the tallGrassDiagonals show up with the same texture. I was trying to blend in an area for random noise grass and couldn't get any of the the other grasses or textures. Am I missing something? This is the same with all the grass biome types. brown,snow..etc and bushes.

I wondered if I was going crazy here, but it's not Hal's editor, Wsiegel. The diagonal grass in the game is ALL the same within Build Mode in-game. It's not Hal's issue, it's the game itself. Which is VERY unfortunate. We need to bug report it...

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;106625]Hey Hal, Do you have these instances of grasses in the editor? [/QUOTE] I rip the block codes straight out of the models file. So if there's a problem it is probably as Warsaken says that it's in the game. The grasses might also only come under the chunk decorator? Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;106694]I rip the block codes straight out of the models file. So if there's a problem it is probably as Warsaken says that it's in the game. The grasses might also only come under the chunk decorator? Hal[/QUOTE] I unfortunately have no idea what the last statement you made means (I'm mostly programming inept), but as I mentioned within my game in Build/Create mode, all the tallGrassDiagonals are the exact same mesh and texture. They do not vary one bit. In my public pool prefab I had to release a "land level" prefab to flatten an area near the pool. Said prefab contains grass all over the field and I tried to vary the grass, but it all came out looking exactly alike because the grasses are all the same. If you want to check the prefab out, feel free to dissect it.

When a normal chunk loads (vanilla, not a prefab) it goes through something called a decorator. The decorator is the thing that puts trash, backpacks and ore rocks etc in the world. So I'm wondering if that has some sort of special process for making the grasses look different. Did you try messing with the Meta tag?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;106702]When a normal chunk loads (vanilla, not a prefab) it goes through something called a decorator. The decorator is the thing that puts trash, backpacks and ore rocks etc in the world. So I'm wondering if that has some sort of special process for making the grasses look different. Did you try messing with the Meta tag?[/QUOTE] I looked through Model_1 and I didn't see anything special in the blocks used to generate the decorations in a biome. that was my nest step to mess with the meta tags and or damage tags and see if anything changes. But I do see in game that there are several different textures used. Will post anything I find, thanks.

Okay this is what I found out thus far... I can get 4 main grass texture to appear. using the meta tags and they repeat so it is only a portion of the mask that is used.. ( I guess ) Meta - 0 Standard grass with purple flower Meta - 1 tall green grass Meta - 2 tall green grass with brown Meta - 3 whispy grass Then they repeat for tags 4,5,6,7 then again for 8,9,10,11 and 12,13,14,15 I assume the other biome grasses may work the same. and possibly bushes to get various heights. Note: Hal you have a damage drop down available before placing a block but no meta tag available before placing a block in edit mode. It looks like you have to place the block then edit the tag. Can you have the ability to set the tag, then place the block? I understand once a block is set you can ( right click ) copy and paste it, but it is just one more step to do. Edit-- Also you have show decal but these tags don't show I guess because of the damage bit.. Maybe another to show all meta tags? Cheers

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;106712] Note: Hal you have a damage drop down available before placing a block but no meta tag available before placing a block in edit mode. It looks like you have to place the block then edit the tag. Can you have the ability to set the tag, then place the block? I understand once a block is set you can ( right click ) copy and paste it, but it is just one more step to do. Cheers[/QUOTE] Excellent find, Wsiegel! I'm going to have to update my landlevel1.tts prefab now! I should have asked this a while back. It's the only way to multiply a decal as well (copy and paste essentially). *EDIT: going back to what you stated, Wsiegel, I don't think any more grass variants exist for the biomes. At least for the plains. I was messing with the variants in-game before I finished my public pool prefab, but could never get them to work so their IS an issue with the grass in-game. However, despite that issue decals don't work in game either so that's an unfinished part of the game thus far.*

[QUOTE=Warsaken;106714]Excellent find, Wsiegel! I'm going to have to update my landlevel1.tts prefab now! I should have asked this a while back. It's the only way to multiply a decal as well (copy and paste essentially). *EDIT: going back to what you stated, Wsiegel, I don't think any more grass variants exist for the biomes. At least for the plains. I was messing with the variants in-game before I finished my public pool prefab, but could never get them to work so their IS an issue with the grass in-game. However, despite that issue decals don't work in game either so that's an unfinished part of the game thus far.*[/QUOTE] It is like the lights... you can't set the meta tags in game.. you can only set it externally in the prefab editor or edit the tts file. Not sure about in the DM mode menu.. All biome grasses work this way and have 4 variants. The bushes also... meta tag 2 is a small bush while the other are various shapes. Cool... Also noticed that if you right click to copy the meta tags of a block and then click on a new block name.. the mata tag gets reset. so you can only copy and paste the same type of block.

[QUOTE=Curbolt;106730]to Change the texture, just use the meta command in Hals Editor (0-15)[/QUOTE] Not to be rude, but that just about misses what our entire conversation was about. Almost at the bottom of the last page, we've discovered the grass IDs do NOT change the texture despite having different/seperate IDs. That includes the ones in-game. We know how to change them in the editor, but in-game the IDs represent the same exact texture/mesh.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;106712]Okay this is what I found out thus far... I can get 4 main grass texture to appear. using the meta tags and they repeat so it is only a portion of the mask that is used.. ( I guess ) Meta - 0 Standard grass with purple flower Meta - 1 tall green grass Meta - 2 tall green grass with brown Meta - 3 whispy grass Then they repeat for tags 4,5,6,7 then again for 8,9,10,11 and 12,13,14,15 I assume the other biome grasses may work the same. and possibly bushes to get various heights. Note: Hal you have a damage drop down available before placing a block but no meta tag available before placing a block in edit mode. It looks like you have to place the block then edit the tag. Can you have the ability to set the tag, then place the block? I understand once a block is set you can ( right click ) copy and paste it, but it is just one more step to do. Edit-- Also you have show decal but these tags don't show I guess because of the damage bit.. Maybe another to show all meta tags? Cheers[/QUOTE] Added the meta dropdown to the next version. With the grass decorations is that the same for all grass types? I'm going to look at naming them in the editor like the "lit" and "unlit" Cheers, Hal

Archived