Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Update Time! No major changes, just some revisions that came with the new mod release. Added: Comma delimited searching on blocks Added: Right Click on "Blocks In Layer" list to select the block Added: Alphabetised Listings Added: The Last Stand Mod Hal

Yes, it finally got sorted! Auto save has been around a while. A few builds ago my client kept crashing and while the world would be saved I'd lose all my inventory. All it does is force the server to save player information every minute or so.

Thanks for the update. I did not get an error this time and i did not run it with administration privileges like i needed to last updates. Avast antivirus still came up asking to add the update exe to exclusions.

[QUOTE=Sythius;92435]Thanks for the update. I did not get an error this time and i did not run it with administration privileges like i needed to last updates. Avast antivirus still came up asking to add the update exe to exclusions.[/QUOTE] Avast gets a bit over-protective with custom programs. Was the editor previously added to the exclusions list? That could be the cause of a crash. If the AV has sandboxed the program and it tries to replace files (especially if Steam is located in your program files directory)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;92490]Avast gets a bit over-protective with custom programs. Was the editor previously added to the exclusions list? That could be the cause of a crash. If the AV has sandboxed the program and it tries to replace files (especially if Steam is located in your program files directory)[/QUOTE] Yes i believe it has asked me to add it to the exclusions every update, i no longer get any errors now though.

Hey Hal, I got a great idea. Give us the option save the prefabs as .ex so that server admins can create a new claim for themselves, target that prefab .ex, and load it in without having to reset full regions.

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;93403]Actually, if we could export to *.ex, couldn't we use the game to easily preview a prefab without reloading a session?[/QUOTE] Yeah, but I like to build prefabs in the editor. Even the ones I do export I touch up in the editor. So it would come in handy for users like myself. Originally I forgot to say 'please'. So, yeah. Please.

[QUOTE=Ekk0;93301]Hey Hal, I got a great idea. Give us the option save the prefabs as .ex so that server admins can create a new claim for themselves, target that prefab .ex, and load it in without having to reset full regions.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. Export files are just a representation of the data contained in the region files. It's an "out" process only. I could build in a function to load a prefab though. Similar to the one DNC made. The reason I didn't add it in the initial version is without an undo button if you get the placement wrong you'd have to delete the region anyway. But if people want it I'll add it to the to-do list.

Oh boy, that'd be handy. Having that information...I don't see a single case where the user would be activating the "add prefab to player position" without the intension of deleting the regions where the prefab will be generated in, or am I wrong? Can someone say, "No", when questioned, "Do you want your regions file(s), where the prefab was added, to be deleted?" ... I can't. I would even say yes after every minor change and save of a prefab on my local machine, not the server. Something different: Another minor bug report... and I wonder, noone noticed until now? that scrolling through the layers with the mousewheel is not updating the layer information visually, as long as the pointer is on the background of the drawing section? (right side where the cubicles of the map) here's a screesnhot with the location I talk about, its marked red, you should not be able to miss it. [url=http://postimg.org/image/bm8vclwxb/][img]http://s11.postimg.org/bm8vclwxb/editormousebug.jpg[/img][/url] On mouseover everywhere else, it works, but not there. Hopefully an easy fix for you Hal.

[QUOTE=Tohuwabohu;93504]Oh boy, that'd be handy. Having that information...I don't see a single case where the user would be activating the "add prefab to player position" without the intension of deleting the regions where the prefab will be generated in, or am I wrong? Can someone say, "No", when questioned, "Do you want your regions file(s), where the prefab was added, to be deleted?" ... I can't. I would even say yes after every minor change and save of a prefab on my local machine, not the server. Something different: Another minor bug report... and I wonder, noone noticed until now? that scrolling through the layers with the mousewheel is not updating the layer information visually, as long as the pointer is on the background of the drawing section? (right side where the cubicles of the map) here's a screesnhot with the location I talk about, its marked red, you should not be able to miss it. [url=http://postimg.org/image/bm8vclwxb/][img]http://s11.postimg.org/bm8vclwxb/editormousebug.jpg[/img][/url] On mouseover everywhere else, it works, but not there. Hopefully an easy fix for you Hal.[/QUOTE] Humm... Must be something weird with your setup.. I can scroll the layers from anywhere.. even if my cursor is off the screen in windowed mode ( as long as the layer has been selected. ) if you manually click up or down a layer.. then move the cursor to that area and scroll does it work?

[QUOTE=daq007;93522]Has anyone had trouble updating the tool? I'm receiving a weird error upon updating. It says: "process cannot access file "icsharpcode.sharpziplib.dll" because it is being used by another process."[/QUOTE] I had that happen once when the update started after the editor was already up and running. I just closed everything then did a manual update from the menu and everything worked fine.

[QUOTE=Tohuwabohu;93504] Something different: Another minor bug report... and I wonder, noone noticed until now? that scrolling through the layers with the mousewheel is not updating the layer information visually, as long as the pointer is on the background of the drawing section? (right side where the cubicles of the map) here's a screesnhot with the location I talk about, its marked red, you should not be able to miss it. [url=http://postimg.org/image/bm8vclwxb/][img]http://s11.postimg.org/bm8vclwxb/editormousebug.jpg[/img][/url] On mouseover everywhere else, it works, but not there. Hopefully an easy fix for you Hal.[/QUOTE] Yes i can confirm this does happen on mine. When scrolling on the blank space the layers will change and the blocks will show but in the text field which displays what layer you are on (Highlighted yellow on Tohuwabohu's image) does not update until you move your mouse off the blank spot.

Yes I understand what your saying... the layers will change but the layer info box will not update while your cursor is in the blank area of the map. As soon as you move back over the map or the editor it will update... Never noticed that.. Good catch.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;93460]Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. Export files are just a representation of the data contained in the region files. It's an "out" process only. I could build in a function to load a prefab though. Similar to the one DNC made. The reason I didn't add it in the initial version is without an undo button if you get the placement wrong you'd have to delete the region anyway. But if people want it I'll add it to the to-do list.[/QUOTE] You could have the command place the prefab with coordinates in place like "bbb load prefab (prefab name) x, x, x". x, x, x, being the SW most corner. You could also probably have it include the rotation if necessary. I don't really know what is possible, just throwing some ideas out there.

I can't seem to get the editor to update properly. I have it in a folder called Editor on the desktop. I delete all files, copy and paste the files from the download link in the first post, run as administrator, let it update, and then the editor doesn't open. There is no Manual Update button available in the menu. Very odd problem. Windows 7 x64. Strangely, I can't delete the folder due to it supposedly being used by another program, but I don't see it running in Task Manager.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;93525]I had that happen once when the update started after the editor was already up and running. I just closed everything then did a manual update from the menu and everything worked fine.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately I had tried your suggestion but I still get the same result. I rebooted computer. I deleted all files, downloaded and installed the tool. (never started the editor) During the update process it asks if I would like to replace the .dll with the modded version once i click yes, the error pops up and does not continue the update process.

This happens to me sometimes too. I don't know why but it worked after I deleted all the files to start fresh then before running it for the first time I would create a desktop shortcut, close everything, and run the shortcut as admin.

Can someone make a video of the update process not working? It's happening on too many different computers for it to be a user problem but without details or a reproducible pattern I can't write a solution. Cheers, Hal

Excellent Prefab's Wsiegel. Very well decorated, thought out and are great to explore. I want you to know i will be putting 11 of your Prefab's in my server on next map reset. I believe that's all of them but if there is more or you make more i will probably add them too. Enjoyed exploring the Asylum, it has a creepy feel to it. I think the Zombie Zoo is a great idea, I spent a good time laughing at the Zombies. By the way the Bouncer's at the Gentlemen's Club scared the hell out of me and almost killed me :congratulatory:

[QUOTE=Sythius;93873]Excellent Prefab's Wsiegel. Very well decorated, thought out and are great to explore. I want you to know i will be putting 11 of your Prefab's in my server on next map reset. I believe that's all of them but if there is more or you make more i will probably add them too. Enjoyed exploring the Asylum, it has a creepy feel to it. I think the Zombie Zoo is a great idea, I spent a good time laughing at the Zombies. By the way the Bouncer's at the Gentlemen's Club scared the hell out of me and almost killed me :congratulatory:[/QUOTE] Thanks, I'm working on a high tech company with an attached multi-level parking garage across from the police station in the north west.

Archived