Backpack Despawn Timer + Indestructible Backpack

Kugara

I want to change how backpack works vanillaly in the game. I don't like the idea of losing sutff because of a glitch or bug, neither lucky and unlucky factor to destroy backpacks.

Can someone show me where is the backpack file after we died? I would like to make it indestructible (no zombies could destroy it) and increase the time of despawn (I think the vanilla time is 20 minutes) I set the game have 120 min the whole day, and set night to be 1/4 of this time, meaning night takes 30 minutes to end, it's kinda bad to lose everything during night period without being able to go there and recover.

I could explain why but doesn't matter anyways, I just want to increase time to be fair and to backpack be indestructible, can anyone point me which files should I try to edit?

the lifetime of the backpack you can change in:

entityclasses.xml

<entity_class name="Backpack">
<property name="Mesh" value="LootContainers/backpack_droppedPrefab"/>
<property name="ModelType" value="Custom"/>
<property name="Prefab" value="Backpack"/>
<property name="Class" value="EntityBackpack"/>
<property name="Parent" value="Backpack"/>
[color="#00FF00"]<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="1200"/>[/color] <!-- player death backpacks will go poof after this many seconds. 0 means 0, not infinite. -->
<property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/>
<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="41"/> <!-- used to determine container X/Y size -->
<property name="Faction" value="none"/>
</entity_class>

by the way, this timer stops if the area is unloaded from memory.

I may be wrong, but it seems to be indestructible by default...

• 4 months later...

I lost my backpack anywhere... I can see the icon but not the backpack. I tried in god mode to go through the floor and nothing... Anybody knows if i can rollback the server or something? Or maybe can I do something in a xml file to find my backpack?

Archived