two different profiles, one game, also wolves

TeleClassy

i have a game where i've disabled persistent profiles, and was wondering two things. i am playing on two/three different steam accounts with library sharing on one and two copies of the game

1: am i able to play the same savegame character between these accounts?

2: is the gamestage the same for all accounts? don't really know how gamestage works in this regard

idea is to potentially use variable character builds on these different profiles, i.e. one oriented towards combat, one for mining, so on and so forth. i know it's unnecessary but i'm curious now. i'm not far enough into the game yet to test gamestage question, i was moreso referencing bigger number variations like 1100 to 1200 from simply playing on a different profile on that particular save

i like the potential RPG-ish aspect this would provide. builds designed for horde nights, some for scavenging, some for man vs nature. my biggest threat in game is myself, as i tend to level the peaceful abilities much faster than combat abilities, so my fighting prowess tends to be dilluted by my 4th or 5th hordes.

side note, who else HATES wolf packs? them and dire wolves are the bane of my existence. i was minding my own business, chopping rocks down, when all of a sudden ten of these ♥♥♥♥s pop up out of nowhere chasing me like a tennis ball. way to come back from zombie hiatus, right? the bad part is that them and the zombie dogs are silent when they appear, on top of being hard to see (at least in my case). would be fun if you could use bones to control them or something.

Character on the "server" will be tied to the Steam64-ID for the account playing it. So theoretically, if you can spawn the same map save, you should be able to play the three different profiles on the same map.

I love wolf packs anytime after about day 4. Loads of meat and leather. Before that, it's just running away.

If you're always aware of your surroundings, you can typically see them coming.

i must have been a busy bee because in one day i got 3 wolf packs, first it was 6 dire wolves, then three normal wolves, then one dire wolf and two normal wolves. no zombie bear, oddly. all i did was start cooking gunpowder and find traders, on the hunt for minibike schematics. rip all of my coffee and beer, btw

i've re-noticed an issue today that i'd forgotten about where wolves and dire wolves don't always look dead when they die - in fact, about half of the time, they just stand there as if they're still alive. since i hate dogs, i generally end up shooting their juicy corpses, missing out on quite a bit of materials i could be harvesting because i've shot a dead pupper. looking through entityclasses.xml i've found a value for "chance of ragdoll on death" set to .5, so i'm experimenting now with that value set to 1, where i presume their body will ragdoll every time they die, rather than them attempting to execute a death animation that doesn't exist. another note is that dire wolves reference a good chunk of the normal wolf code in entityclasses.xml, surely to save some lines, but i'm wondering if there's an error with that reference somehow that would cause this problem as well

Archived