explain Land claim block decay to me

Ninja_dude1337

So i've read the wiki and watched some videos but i am still confused as to how land claim block decay works on a multiplayer game on console. in the wiki it says it decays when offline, i read on another post you have to be in the chunk once every day IRL? I'm not finding anything solid so i was wondering if anyone could explain Decay and how to refresh them to me, do i need to pick up and replace them?

Landclaim

So i've read the wiki and watched some videos but i am still confused as to how land claim block decay works on a multiplayer game on console. in the wiki it says it decays when offline, i read on another post you have to be in the chunk once every day IRL? I'm not finding anything solid so i was wondering if anyone could explain Decay and how to refresh them to me, do i need to pick up and replace them?

My guess is as long as your are not away from your base for an ungodly amout of time they do not decay, as I seldom leave my self built bunker for more then a day or two and after half a year's time they are still like new.

well i play on console with 2 of my friends. i have taken on the role of house mouse and do all of the building/mining so i am rarely away from our base except on the occasional foray. We were recently griefed and i am left baffled cause the guy entered through our roof by cracking the code on a vault hatch (which is a whole other rant) but he did so by nerdpoling with wood frames with them placed directly on top of one of my land claim blocks. we had all been at the base within the last day (in game) and one of my ally's were even just a few levels below in the mine. makes me a bit salty thinking about how i took preventive measures and they were so easily bypassed to such an extreme result as losing everything we had gathered in our first 100 days

• 10 months later...

PS4 player here, finally trying multiplayer, random-gen.

Had an attacker Nerd pole within 6 blocks of my Land claim block while I was in the room with it. ( I was sorting and thought it was a team-mate until I heard the gun-fire.)

I'm trying to find actual information about Land Claim Blocks for console.

Can I place Multiple Claim Blocks?

What is the radius of protection? (Individually or in multiples)

What is the "protection" actually doing?

Cheers.

PS4 player here, finally trying multiplayer, random-gen.

Had an attacker Nerd pole within 6 blocks of my Land claim block while I was in the room with it. ( I was sorting and thought it was a team-mate until I heard the gun-fire.)

I'm trying to find actual information about Land Claim Blocks for console.

Can I place Multiple Claim Blocks?

What is the radius of protection? (Individually or in multiples)

What is the "protection" actually doing?

Cheers.

PS 4 myself and like the pvp aspect.

Yes, you can place multiple claim blocks. I think they require steel, but it could be forged iron to make.

The radius can be set in the rules before you start. I think the default is 7 blocks in all directions, and bedrock to sky.

You can also set the multiplier for block to make them take longer then other blocks to break down. So x2 should mean it takes twice as many swings by you to destroy another player made block, within the land claim block area, see the sentence above.

As for the decay to my knowledge offline would be when your toon (not the host itself) is offline how long will it take before I assume the land claim block goes away. I think that is more of a PC setting but I am sure it works for console if you are offline, but the game (host) is still running.

The land claim block is suppose to work like the area around the trader and prevent other players from placing blocks in a certain area. You should also hear the dong/bell sound when you try to break something down. You can also increase the block durability of your placed blocks while online as well. Makes it tougher for people to break into your base if you do the x16 or x32. I don’t know if it works 100%, as I have had issues where others can place blocks within the range we have set to prevent you from placing blocks. We stopped using them and said no base raiding. Friends I know that is.

Archived