I've been playing 7D2D on PS4 on and off for awhile. I like it, it's a fun game with the sort of building stuff I enjoy.
I'm at level 200, with a couple of bases built, and a sorta kinda nice-ish house I'm half-way working on. I haven't tried to collect a single treasure because of either land-mines or white-out.
Scavenger with mostly default settings. Navezgane.
I have comments and a couple questions...
1. Can people log into my unpublished game?
I have had the game day-length time settings vastly altered on at least one occasion, and I almost routinely have a different in game clock time compared to when I've logged out... I normally eat and drink to 100% before logging out and sometimes I'm down to 70% when I log in.
2. Are there going to be any changes or updates FOR CONSOLE to this game? ( not yelling, just don't want to hear about PC ) Paint? Powered traps?
3. When I first started playing, I hit several land-mines in the burnt forest, now there doesnآ’t seem to be any there. Are the land-mines in the destroyed zone going to be the same? I don't go there at all now, because it's a dumb part of the game. Seriously, I don't have any in game reason to go where it'll take me 3 or 5 deaths to get my bike and gear back.
4. Are they going to give console players a method of measuring the gamma settings for when in the dark of night, and the snow during the day. The default setting had it almost impossible to see at 4pm, and now whenever I'm in the frozen zone and it snows I'm basically in pure white-out.
5. Is the skill point system flawed, or is it me? I start a "your nothing special" quest, and I will not see one of the classes of things I'm suppose to kill during the time limit, same thing happens with 'kill male zombie'.. specific ones will not appear during the time limit. Screamers basically won't appear at my base if I have a sniper rifle on my tool belt. I cannot imagine even trying to kill however many chickens with a nail gun in a set time. Same goes for "kill da wabbit".. I've maybe killed 4 to 8 rabbits total.
Also, I'm at almost day 300, and I've seen a total of 4 wasps.
6. Is the rest of the map going to unlock? There are 2 city zones in the south of the map that are red, what the hell?
7. Where is the wildlife?
This is a good game, it is fun, and can seemingly be played endlessly...
until it's boring..
The jump scare zombie noises combined with the purposefully misleading sound directions as well as sounding closer than they should be, spoil the game immersion completely.
The random land-mines should have a setting to disable them. Keep them at the military bases, sure. but randomly throughout the map?
The zombie dogs.... what can I say... the console controller moves slowly when turning around, so the dogs are a jump scare pain in the butt. and needlessly difficult to hit. Perhaps if they had a setting to make them bark all the time or something.
I like the game, but I'm playing it less and less. Broken skill point system, misleading zombie sounds, and reliance on jump scares spoil it for me.