ok i found a map with a small wasteland but to be clear. no landmines. in the burnt

davethebakerx2

Speaking of dogs in the burnt forest, are they always there or is that a random occurrence ? I didn't think they spawned there, only the wasteland, and I don't see them all the time, but every once in a while they'll pop up.

They definitely have some kind of spawn rate in the burnt biom. I have encountered them often. The wastland is heavy.

The wife and I have met dogs in small towns,and in the woods at our toothy's many a time night or day.

Have been jumped by three dog packs in a row tring to plant a garden in the woods.

This is all on random.

On the Navzgain map they are also at the junkyard,all the caves with trees,and every town. They are also by the indian burial mound,the cliff dwelings,the dock and occasionally the school.

Went back and read first post,wow.

No their are no landmines in the burnt biom.

Only in the wastland,the booby trap,military camps,and that damn safe.

• 5 weeks later...
Spawning of Dogs likelihood are as follows:

Wasteland

Hub City

Burnt Biome

All Biomes on normal nights brought about by screamers

In that order...

Add to that list two or three days before horde night, randomly wherever the player is located, usually a pack of 5 or 7 mutts.

Add to that list two or three days before horde night, randomly wherever the player is located, usually a pack of 5 or 7 mutts.

not sure about that. I have seen that but not on a regular basis except in hub city there will be wandering hordes of dogs but outside of that i don't really see any increase in spawning of dogs in relation to days of the week. I could be entirely off base though.

Don't dogs start becoming a low rate random spawn regardless of area after around day 12 or so, or did that change at some point?

That's a pretty specific technical question i wouldn't be able to answer myself but I've always noticed a regular occurrence of dogs randomly spawning. Again, it all depends where you are located on the map and whether or not you are on a random gen or Navezgane. For example i have noticed that POI dogs and wandering dogs spawn at Diersville randomly but it would seem the spawn rate does drop after moving through it a couple of times.

That's a pretty specific technical question i wouldn't be able to answer myself but I've always noticed a regular occurrence of dogs randomly spawning. Again, it all depends where you are located on the map and whether or not you are on a random gen or Navezgane. For example i have noticed that POI dogs and wandering dogs spawn at Diersville randomly but it would seem the spawn rate does drop after moving through it a couple of times.

You will get a lot of dogs spawning in the Diersville area - that area is a near constant spawner for them (or was at least). On random maps, when my brother and I have set up at a distance from us, I was getting large dog packs as a wandering horde but my brother saw little to no dogs at all apart from on horde night. We mentioned it to Clare once - turns out, my base was around 1K from some wasteland and he was well away from it, and she thought that might affect the spawn rate.

On our current world, we're working together and got a dog pack while clearing a hotel - went after a supply crate after this, turns out we have wasteland around 1K away.

Depending on how you are equipped, dogs are either a pain in the rear or a good supply of animal hide. My weapon of choice is a spiky club for dogs - quick and efficient (with lots of first aid kits for when they chew me up).

Archived