Fresh water springs and small rivers

Euzio

Hey Pimps, With the planned scenario of introducing bathing and all into the game. Just thought that I'd inquire if there are any plans to perhaps introduce small pools of fresh water springs or small fresh water running rivers. Currently, in the game, any source of water we find is basically contaminated and the player has to boil the water before they drink it. Even standing in the water for a short seems to cause the player to get the rumbly tummy. So the idea is that it might be good to have small pockets of fresh spring water bubbling up from the ground or even small rivers that link to the big ones that have fresh drinking water that players don't have to boil to drink. It would give players who start out sort of an oasis (they can bottle the empty jars they have or even drink from it directly), or for players to situate bases around a small fresh water pond or river (imagine a player building a base such that a small fresh water river passes right through it). It also fits to the whole survival in the wild thing. What does everyone else think of this?

Why make water, what right no is almost no ressource at all, even more easy to obtain? If something like this is added they should make it harder to purify water.. simply boiling it is way to easy. Getting water was already way to easy before glass jars became reuseable. I'd like them to add a chance of infection to water.. In that case boiling it/drinking fresh spring water could not have the negative effect on wellness but still a chance of infection which can be removed through an additional, more complicated/expansive purification process (maybe adding goldenrod flowers or some new medicine/plant). Also the first change done to water should be fixing the "infinite water from 1 water block" problem.. First make it a valuable ressource, then make it a little easier to obtain.. If something like fresh water springs are implemented I'd like them to have a chance to become dirty/infected if some zombies die in it/walk through it. Another way to obtain fresh water could be rain, which will be implemented later on.

i agree with both statements about the water. Having a fresh water source would be nice but also adding the possibility of it becoming infected would add a new type of challenge and keep it realistic. Would other thing that i would like to see is more fluidity to the water for doing things like building canals or water channels. I set up base by a house with a swimming pool and a pond. I spent some time digging a tunnel from my base to the bottom of the swimming pool but i found that once i broke through the surface of the bottom of the pool the water only ran to the blocks directly under it and may one or two blocks over.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because it will add a little to the whole survival aspect of this game as well as introduce a touch of realism. If anyone has seen survival shows like Man vs Wild, Survivorman, etc. It is perfectly reasonable to find fresh water springs and streams that are completely safe to drink direct from. Its no different from finding something like Evian bottled water really. And this might just be my opinion, but although bottled water and glass jars are not difficult to obtain at all right now, I don't think the Pimps intend to keep it that way long term. Because right now, collecting sand to make glass jars is pretty much redundant due to the amount we can find simply from looting around. This is even more prevalent now that we get to retain the glass jars after we've consumed the liquid inside. Also, the idea for having fresh water that is safe to consume is not just for the players to drink but to bathe in as well. It doesn't take much in real life to contract harmful diseases like salmonella or cryptosporidium if a person is to bathe in contaminated water. Therefore, given a choice between contaminated water and fresh water? Which would you rather bathe in? The answer is pretty obvious.

It would indeed suck to bathe in contanimated water while cut up... ...I assumed the current system was based on water speed, because don't you have a high chance of getting sick drinking from standing water (lake), vs moving water (river)? If that's not how it currently is, it should be. And something like melted snow should have a MUCH lower chance of being contaminated, since basically it would take an animal dying on old snow for it to get nasty like that. I like the springs idea, because these games never seem to focus on realistic water (by these, I mean my impressive experience with just this game and a few hours in minecraft, so I could be wrong), and water's pretty dang important for survival... the physics just suck for it, and I hope that improves. Right now I could build a spring with less than a dozen blocks, I want the water to have a source!

Archived