Changing loot.xml on SMX Big Back Pack

The Problem: I've tried modifying the loot.xml file in the SMX Big Back Pack mod folder that was created with the 7d2d mod launcher. When I start the game, it overwrites the loot.xml file and will not keep my modified file.

Attempts at a fix: I've verified the integrity of the original game, and created a fresh copy of the game with the mod through the launcher, and it still overwrites the file, even if it's a small change like adding a few letters into a note field, so it appears that the mod somehow just replaces the loot.xml file and it cannot be changed or modified.

Does anyone know if this is the case or if the loot.xml file can be modified with the SMX Big Back Pack mod, and if so how?

Thanks.

The Problem: I've tried modifying the loot.xml file in the SMX Big Back Pack mod folder that was created with the 7d2d mod launcher. When I start the game, it overwrites the loot.xml file and will not keep my modified file.

Attempts at a fix: I've verified the integrity of the original game, and created a fresh copy of the game with the mod through the launcher, and it still overwrites the file, even if it's a small change like adding a few letters into a note field, so it appears that the mod somehow just replaces the loot.xml file and it cannot be changed or modified.

Does anyone know if this is the case or if the loot.xml file can be modified with the SMX Big Back Pack mod, and if so how?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. I had not seen your message.

The Mod Launcher will, by default, re-download a fresh copy of the mod, and update the files. You have two options:

1) Disable Refresh Mods Automatically, and edit the TempMods/ version of the loot.xml

2) Update the Data/Config/loot.xml, and just run the exe directly, not using the mod launcher.

Archived