Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 5

Loot abundance: 100

Airdrops: 24

24 hour cycle: 60 minutes

In-game Day: 402

Game system: PS4 Pro

Hi Clare,

In my map a part of the area that I have already discoverd has reverted to undiscovered. There is no issue with the actual terrain, e.g. everything I have done there, like building, is still there. It is just the map where some of the parts that I have discovered now show as unknown. The map area that has reverted has no specific shape. When I travel across this area it becomes visible on the map again. I have had issues where large parts of the map reverted to undiscoverd earlier, but then usually I had a crash shortly afterwards and when I restart all discovered areas are visible. I have had the system shut down (but not off power), but the previously discovered area remains undiscoverd.

Hi TheCheeta,

Thank you for reporting this, and in such detail. Can you tell me if this is the only save you've had this occur on or have you expirenced this on multiple saves in the past?

Did you happen to have someone who hadn't been to these areas before join you in splitscreen at all?

Clare

Hi Clare,

I have not played in other saves for the latest version in my account. My children also play on their accounts, but not that much. I haven't seen it there.

I have had one of my children join me for a horde night once, but I think that was more than 100 in game days ago. Also my horde base is in an area that was not seen as discovered in the map, while other areas where she has not been are still visible.

Thanks for your quick response TheCheeta I have a few followup questions...

Wouuld your children have a map named the same on their accounts by any chance?

Was this save created in version 1.18 or earlier do you recall (perticularly before oct 2016 - I know its a long way off)?

Have you changed languages on the console or the enemy spawning settings at all around the map recovering? - You said the enemy spawning is set to 200 but the maximum is 150%, did you mean the max value?

It may be worth us taking a look at the current save that's effected if at all possible? To clarify, the team do not fix and return but rather look at saves for clues and to see if they can find the cause and hopefully generate a fix that can be released to everyone to prevent it from happening again.

If you are able to send us the file, please follow these steps:

1) Turn on PS4

2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"

7) Select 7 Days to Die

8) Select all files and press "Copy"

9) Wait until transfer is complete

10) Remove External Drive

11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files

12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service

13) Email the download link to [email protected] - This email is unmanned so please let me know on here if you sent it and include your username in the subject of the email so I can match it.

Thank you,

Clare

I have had this happen once. I also have been host of a game and two friends after day 100 or so had this happened. They had over 80% of the map filled in and then one day they joined in and only had the part where we was based at filled in. The time it happened to me I don't remember much. The time it happened to them we was on a private multiplayer map. We started with the settings we normally play at and then day 60 or something we changed it to make it even harder but didn't care for the bullet sponge zombies so we changed it back. Anyway both for them and the time it happened to me was like around March of last year so lots of updates have happened since then. The time it happened to them we played a few days more with no other issues but decided it was about time to delete the world as we had 3 bases and wanted to view other seeds.

Hi Clare,

Answers to your questions:

Would your children have a map named the same on their accounts by any chance?

No

Was this save created in version 1.18 or earlier do you recall (perticularly before oct 2016 - I know its a long way off)?

No, it was created in version 1.16, the last time we needed to create a new save to get all the new features. (Hence the name Solo 116)

Have you changed languages on the console or the enemy spawning settings at all around the map recovering? - You said the enemy spawning is set to 200 but the maximum is 150%, did you mean the max value?

Yes, I recently increased the spawning to the maximum 150% after it was on 100% as I wanted a bit more enemies to do some archery skill leveling.

I have already made a back-up. I will upload it to my onedrive and mail the link in a couple of hours.

TheCheeta - Thank you for that information, knowing when the save started may be of some help to use when testing it.I also greatly appreciate you taking the time to set us your save file - I'll keep an eye out and pass it onto the team as soon as I can.

Crazywildfire - Thank you too for that bit of info, it shows there might be some traction in the theory of settings changing that the team member I was talking to has.

Archived