Multiplayer bugs

Kris

Worst bug ever made me so mad I will not play it again or recommend anyone to buy this game. I was finishing a roof on my building 2 spots Every time I put a block down part of roof collapse it was a intriquit roof very complex but a glitched block would not allow me to complete so I moved to build it as a regular plain roof same spot glitched block then temperature changes to freezing then warm to freezing again. It's get So foggy and dark you can barely see anything this happens after playing for awhile at start it's fine. I tried to setup supports for the roof same spot roof fell and destroyed 3 floors that took hours to build I am highly dissatisfied with the lack of support for Xbox you devs can do better for your customers this game can be great but the bugs are not worth my time

Hi Kris,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the game. I will try address each issue in order below.

For the collapsing blocks, I would need to see the roof layout to see if it's anything to do with how the structural integrity is being calculated in that section of the roof. This article may be of use to you if you wish to check how your blocks are laid out - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?20701 - The best way I could help is if I see a video of what's happening.

Did you happen to collapse a large amount of blocks where you are currently building? I have seen it reported in the past that taking out the bottom row of blocks and collapsing an entire building or hill/mountain can have an effect on the Structural Integrity of that area. If you have not done so already I would recommend clearing the cache of your console (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins) to see if that helps the issue.

In the past, collapsing a block through (from area above to below) has helped with glitched blocks so this may also be worth a shot.

Can you elaborate on your temperature issues? Please let me know what biome you are in and what clothes your character is wearing. While temperature is part of the survival element of the game, if it's very rapid / at unusual times etc it may be a glitch. Again, video footage of the changes would help the team better understand what's happening.

For your foggy and darkness issue, I responded to your original post here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?85028-Multiplayer-bugs

I am sorry you feel that there is a lack of support for XB1. All bugs reported here are passed by me onto the team, unfortunately some bugs take longer to fix than others but the team are continuing to work on new patches for the game including the recently announced one where they are working to upgrade the game engine to Unity 2017 - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84520-06-06-Message-from-the-Team - The more details about an issue we have the better so any extra information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. While I am treating this as a bug report some of your sentences border on that of a "goodbye post" which is against forum rules and I just wanted to give you a heads up for future reference so you are not flagged by moderators.

Thank you,

Clare

Hey Clare, just wanted to say it has been awhile and can't remember if I posted this bug before or not. Due to it being awhile ago I don't have much info. It was on ps4, multiplayer rwg map, 3 people online. I want to say the seed was the InsaneHCA14. Far north on the red zone is a town where part if it runs into the red zone. South east of it just a little ways beside a trader is a military base with the two buildings and concrete walls. We took over that building and combined the two buildings together and made one big house. The first floor was the height of the actual building the 2nd floor was 4 or 5 blocks tall. Right around the center of both those buildings that we combined we made stairs to lead to the roof. At the top we was going to make a 5 by 5 room that the stairs went up into. We wasn't able to make the room because kinda like the poster said a spot kept making parts of the room fall. Even with no roof at all and just stacking up and down we hit that spot and it would make that section fall. But it wasn't just one spot it was like a area around that spot would do this. Didn't start a new map to see if it just didn't generate right or if it was the seed. We have built the design several times and never had a problem. Anyway I can confirm that this does happen. What causes it well I have no clue. I want to say I made a bug report about it and if I did it has been awhile ago at least shortly after the last update where we needed to make a new game.

Hi Crazywildfire,

Thank you for mentioning that, is this the one you are taking about? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?79079-missing-trader-and-invisible-blocks

One of the things the team member suggested to me which I forgot to mention above, is if there's any type of cave (or mine) underneath the building this can effect the SI and is one of the more common issues with building up high.

Clare

No that was something different. That might of been what I was thinking about that I posted a bug about. I might not of done a bug report for this then. Either way in my case I do remember a cave that lead under that base so that would explain the issue we eas having. If the poster of this topic comes back on they would have to let you know if they had a cave or not under them. I just knew we had similar problems on the ps4 as well so thought I would comment. Thanks for the info I will remember that in the future.

Archived