Storage Animations

MITCHYB68

7 days to die needs more realism in the game so I was thinking instead of just pressing E and a GUI pops up, have an animation to open the cupboard doors and you could actually see the cans of foods, tools, ores, scrap metal, all stacked up in there and to store the items in your backpack you see the hand pick it up and place it in it. Also, instead of storing logs and other large building materials like stone, bricks, dirt and clay in a chest like in MINECREFT you have to make real space for them outside. Example, piles of logs, stacks of bricks, a mound of dirt or clay and large whole stones sitting on the ground. Another idea is when hunting for animals there is an animation to butcher the animal into containers or an animation to drag it back to your base. Please add M8

I'd really like to have your ideas implemented but their priority should be rather low. It would definetly bring a lot to the game but there is a lot of stuff that's more important right now (and probably for a long amount of time... maybe a16-a18 would be a good time for stuff like that).

I dunno. As much as I'd like to have the full immersion experience, I think adding in animations and 3D object representation in the world would simply add to the system requirements and resource drain. Sure, lots of players have big beefy rigs that can probably run 2-3 instances of 7DTD simultaneously without dropping a single frame, but there are probably more than a small amount of players who are running the game on machines that can barely handle 20fps as it is. Although I'm sure there will be many more graphical updates and effects added, dumping poly's into the game to replace something that isn't exactly broken and works fine as is shouldn't be a priority, and should only be considered if the overhead is manageable within the current sysreq.

Archived