Landmines kill through solid walls

First post and tried searching, so sorry if this has already come up.

Whilst playing on PS4 (v1.18) with my girlfriend (her as host, me as guest), we went and explored what I can only describe as a death trap. It was an enclosed yard of some kind, with a number of rooftop lookout platforms, lots of long grass inside, and at least one small concrete building with a vault door on, a gun safe inside, and about 5 air filter mines.

Anyway, as you can imagine we made quite a lot of noise getting in, so I ventured off to deal with the zombie that was clearly very close by. Round the outside of the room we'd just busted the door on. I killed the zombie, turned around, and died. At that moment, my gf had shot one of the landmines with an arrow and killed me. Through a solid reinforced concrete wall. The wall itself seemed to have suffered no damage.

I saw the funny side and didn't stop laughing for ages, but surely this isn't expected behaviour. A solid concrete wall should either contain an explosion, or be destroyed itself?

Hi Duffmeister,

Thank you for reporting this issue in detail. This is definitely not expected behavior, especially if the wall went unscathed.

Can you confirm for me when you say she was hosting and you were the guest, are you playing online multiplayer, or splitscreen?

I'm glad you were able to see the humor in it and I appreciate you taking the time to report this issue. I shall ask the team to look into this.

Clare

Thank you Duffmeister.

On the off chance it was the particular base that had not generated correctly, would it be possible to get the name of the map (case sensitive) and the coordinates of the base if you can?

Thanks again for all your info so far

Clare

Hi Duffmeister77,

Thank you for that info, I'll pass it onto the team member looking into this. So far reg concrete blocks do not let the damage pass though so checking the actual spot should help. They could confirm for me however, that the mines barely damage blocks, its really more entity damage. Did you try hit the offending blocks yourself? Do you know if they registered hits for you at all? Just want to make sure they were behaving normally otherwise for you.

Clare

Thanks for keeping on this Clare. I haven't tried damaging the blocks myself, but will give that a quick try tonight.

By the way, I know this isn't the same issue, but do you know if there's a way to recover a minibike that's fallen through the ground? It happened last night and the icon is still there.

Hi Duffmeister,

No problem, I'll keep an eye out for your block update.

Unfortunately you'll have to dig down for you bike, only if the bike falls out of the world is it transported to the surface but if it's sunk it'll likely stay there. It's part of the changes made to prevent minibikes falling entirely out of world, along with the icon to help you find it.

Clare

Oops, never got a chance tonight. Found some very interesting behaviour around the site of my bike disappearance though (dug it up, it's intact). Blocks I can't place anything in. It's like they're full already, I can even place a wood frame on top of one, so it looks like it's floating in the air.

Will update asap about the block damage.

Thank you Duffmeister77, I understand it can take some time to retrieve info, and I appreciate you taking the time to do so when you can. I'll keep an eye for updates either way.

For the block you're describing clearing the cache of the console (shutting down for 5 mins and unplugging) might work. Otherwise you could try collapsing a wood frame block through it. Build a diving board like shape above it and remove a wood frame to cause one to fall through is how I usually do it, sometimes it encourages to block to recalculate itself.

Hi Clare. I've been back to the site of the explosion, and discovered something else. Whilst the concrete walls were undamaged (I am able to damage them myself by the way), the flimsy metal siding adjacent to the concrete had taken damage. It had been reduced from 100 to 19 hit points. On the assumption that I was stood next to that block, the explosion still needed to travel around two corners to reach me.

I took a screenshot of the location tonight, but I'll need to figure out how to get it off my PlayStation onto my computer or phone. Please let me know if you think it's necessary. Thanks.

Hi Duffmeister, thank you for the extra info, I think a photo would greatly benefit the team member looking into this as they work to replicate the issue. If it's possible to get the image to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Photo hosting on the forums is very limited, often people use Imgur and link the photo, or if easier you could email it to [email protected] - That email is unmanned and usually only used for the transfer of save files from players, but if you alert me when you send it I can grab it for the team.

Archived