Horde Question

Otis

It's night 35 and I'm fighting the horde. they are coming in from the east and im having a blast watching them step on my land mines and shooting exploding bolts into their midst. it's winding down with an occasional stragler coming in when the wife says" come on. you promised me sushi" so I figure well it's about over i'll just jump off and finish up later and then start cleanup. so go out for a few hours come home and get back on expecting maybe a few more crawlers to come in and then be done. Nope. a whole new horde shows up out of the northwest fight this one into the early morning. run out of bolts, shotgun ammo, and almost all 9mm ammo. so question did I fight 2 hordes (sure felt like it) or do they come in in waves like that from different directions as you get further in the game? up until that night they have all come from 1 direction.

Well, you've kind of got two things going on here.

1. For the majority of the game stages, there are three sets of night hordes.

Stage 1
is set to run for 1-2 hours, and spawns a set number of zombies. It ends when the time ends, or you kill the number of Z's.

Stage 2
is set up the same as stage 1. Time and # of Z's is based on your gamestage number.

Stage 3
is a "station keeping" stage. It sends one or two Z's at you infinitely until the horde night is over.

2. It is very likely that if you log out in the middle of a horde night, when you log back in it starts all over at Stage 1.

It sounds like you were at Stage 3 when you logged out. Since it was still horde night when you logged in, the horde started over fresh.

I may try to recreate this and see if its a viable glitch to get more zombie kills on horde night. This time ill be a bit better prepared. I wonder if you can do it multiple times to create a mega horde situation? hmmm. maybe I should think so hard.

I may try to recreate this and see if its a viable glitch to get more zombie kills on horde night. This time ill be a bit better prepared. I wonder if you can do it multiple times to create a mega horde situation? hmmm. maybe I should think so hard.

The wife and I quit on hoard night when they get slow,reload the game the hoard comes again,gets slow,quit,reload.Some nights we can get 3 some nights 4. 50 to 70 experience easy. I change weapons each time to level up faster.

Archived