anybody had this happen?

Otis

was a long way from my base doing some scouting when found a place I wanted to check out. Killed the 3 Z's wandering around and started pounding on the door with my club. All of a sudden im getting hit. spin around and backpedal as 3 dogs start eating me. I Die. well it's late so I figure ill just turn of the PS4 and go after my backpack the next day. Next day I get back on the game and choose respawn on my bed and pow I'm standing next to my backpack fighting the 3 dogs from the night before. managed to kill them this time and was great that I didn't have to run all the way back from my base. is this a glitch? if so can it be repeated consistently?

i would guess you glitched. what probably was your game autosaved during your fight with the dogs. when you shut down the console with out respawning, it corrupted the local save and when you started the game it grabbed the cloud save.

I tested it out on a creative map before, (was mapping out a new seed) and yes, if you die and immediately close the application/console, when you reload into the game, it'll spawn you next to your backpack.

It won't show in the stats that you died, but it will reflect with your score that you did.

I wouldn't recommend shutting down without saving properly first - I did that without thinking on the last creative build challenge; must have been when it was autosaving and I corrupted the save and couldn't load it - the loading screen just sat there. I didn't have cloud saves set up so lost the lot but if the cloud save had been enabled, it would have updated with the bad save anyway in the time between sessions.

I wouldn't recommend shutting down without saving properly first - I did that without thinking on the last creative build challenge; must have been when it was autosaving and I corrupted the save and couldn't load it - the loading screen just sat there. I didn't have cloud saves set up so lost the lot but if the cloud save had been enabled, it would have updated with the bad save anyway in the time between sessions.

actually, i don't think your cloud save would have been corrupted. i discovered that when the game autosaves, it doesn't send the current save to the cloud, but rather, it sends the previous save so that the cloud is always one save behind the local. this is the reason that you hou have a MD5 crash you can wipe the local save and get a clean save from the cloud.

Not sure how this even saves. On clearing the local saves I have ended up 30 seconds to 8 minutes behind the crashed place. Its never the same length of time. So when does it save to cloud?

As far as clearing the local saves,this works on just about every game. Something don't go your way do this it will put you before whatever happened like a rewind of sorts.

Archived